"Put it back. Bury it where you found it. You have read the curse!" PREVIEW

Started by Factory, March 15, 2012, 06:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Factory

A little tease to a new prop replica product we are working on which I think some of you will enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=366068930092856&set=a.295304723835944.78036.141344019232016&type=1&theater

This is only the epoxy 'master' NOT FINAL PRODUCT, created by the talented Mr Tyler Ham with some  research input from the legendary Bob Burns. It is not a copy or cast from Forries famous ring, which although amazing was not actually a prop from the film.

The final replica will be gold with real onyx scarab

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Factory on March 15, 2012, 06:29:08 PMhttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=366068930092856&set=a.295304723835944.78036.141344019232016&type=1&theater
The final replica will be gold with real onyx scarab
Yes! Will there be two versions, as with the Ring of Dracula? I ended up with one of the Elite Edition and four of the Collector's Edition (one was a gift for my brother). I still wear my original CERoD from last year almost daily!
I could easily see myself getting one Elite Edition Mummy Ring and two Collector's Editions.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Factory

At the moment we are only planning an Elite Edition, with real precious metals and stones.

Honestly we are not sure if there is enough demand for a CE version of Im-Ho-tep's ring, there is an economy of scale and a fairly hefty MOQ to do CE versions. Forries Dracula ring took on a life of its own over the years so had an audience. But on this we just don't know.

Probably test the water with an EE and then go to a CE if demand is there.

Count_Zirock

That's understandable. I'd be down for one EE. Will this be one-size-fits-all, or just one size, period?

Factory

Quote from: Count_Zirock on March 16, 2012, 12:40:14 AM
That's understandable. I'd be down for one EE. Will this be one-size-fits-all, or just one size, period?

Still working on that.

We can't do an adjustable ring band, its not practical with the design.

Out of interest can we get a quick straw poll of preferred ring sizes? To be screen accurate this ring should be worn on the middle finger of the right hand, one of the larger fingers usually.

As a guide the average US mens wedding band tends to be around a size 10 (UK size T 1/2) Metric  internal diameter 62mm

Count_Zirock

I'd need a US men's size 12 to wear it on that finger. A size 10 is a pinky ring for me!

Anton Phibes

What happened to the Creature Claw? Still coming? I already have the Dimesional Designs Dracula & Mummy rings, and I wanna buy something from you guys eventually,lol. :angel:

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Factory on March 16, 2012, 05:49:57 PM
To be screen accurate this ring should be worn on the middle finger of the right hand, one of the larger fingers usually.

As a guide the average US mens wedding band tends to be around a size 10 (UK size T 1/2) Metric  internal diameter 62mm.
You'd want to do at least a size 11 (US), I'd think. Maybe offer it in sizes 10-12?

Count_Zirock

Any updates on this replica yet?

Factory

Nothing I can share at the moment I am afraid. Tracking down enough of the right looking onyx with a consistent  coloration took a while but the ring is coming together nicely now

We hope to have the 1st prototype on display in our booth at Comic Con this year along with first looks at the upcoming Creature hand and Wolfman Cane replicas (The 1931 Wolfman version, and we have been working with the amazing Mr Bob Burns on it) .

We will be opening up orders for our Dracula medallion very soon. First will be the pre-orders for our Frankenstein FX Maquette on the 22nd of June

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Factory on June 14, 2012, 11:18:48 PM
Wolfman Cane replica (The 1931 Wolfman version, and we have been working with the amazing Mr Bob Burns on it).
Thanks for the updates. Now, before you get your throat ripped out by some rabid fans, "The Wolf Man" was 1941.