Author Topic: The UMA is coming to Monsterpalooza and we need your help!  (Read 1513 times)

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
The UMA is coming to Monsterpalooza and we need your help!
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
Monsterpalooza is fast approaching!  The UMA will be making its first appearance at this wonderful show.  We are toiling round the clock, working feverishly to create the best exhibit possible.  This involves countless man-hours and not a small amount of expense.  The admins and volunteers invest their own time and money to bring the UMA traveling toy displays into fruition.  There is wood to drill, boxes to ship, panels to print, windows to screw, fixtures to rent, and on and on.  The reward is the satisfaction of seeing fellow monster fans gathered around the display to relieve childhood memories, share memories with their kids, and make new friends. 

Won't you consider supporting us in our mission to bring the very best in UMA excellence to the fans at Monsterpalooza?  We need to represent the UMA in the best light possible.  Our traveling exhibits have become the public face of the UMA, garnering respect throughout the hobby and attracting new members to our group.  Many people first become aware of the UMA by seeing our display at a convention.  They strike up a conversation and decide this is something they want to be a part of.

If you're not able to attend Monsterpalooza this year, but would still like to be a part of this project, a donation is a great way to do it.  Or if you would like to show your appreciation for what we do here everyday at UMA, please consider helping us pay our bills.  For the donations do much more than simply pay for our display projects.  They also contribute to the daily upkeep of the UMA itself.  The cost of keeping this group online and operating smoothly is paid for through donations.  It all comes out of the same pot.

So how do you donate?  It's simple.  Look for the "donatons" tab on the front page:

Click it and you will come to the Donations page.  Just click the amount you want to donate, make sure the correct currency is selected, and indicate whether you want to remain anonymous or have your name listed as a donor.  Click the Paypal button and proceed just as you would if you were paying for an ebay purchase.  It's the same familiar checkout process.

As an example, I just donated $20.  So you'll see my name on the right column.  You can choose to have your name there, or be listed as "anonymous."

So please throw us a few dollars!  We have a lot of expenses to pay for.  Bringing a quality display to a huge convention in Burbank is a tough job.  We need all the help we can get!  And if you're going to be at the show, come by and say hello, or volunteer to watch over the display for awhile.  It's a great way to meet fellow monster fans.

Thanks again!  We will see you at Monsterpalooza 2012!
Raymond Castile

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
Re: The UMA is coming to Monsterpalooza and we need your help!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
Perhaps this interview with Raymond and myself will bring our donations request into sharper focus along with a greater sense of urgency. We sold everything we own just to try and get to Monsterpalooza, and now take a look at us. 

Won't you guys help a brother out? Please donate so we can get on our way and out of this makeshift camp.

Panhandlers

Donate - http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »
I've gained more weight than I thought!
Raymond Castile

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »
God bless each and everyone of you have donated to our forum so far. We truly appreciate your generosity! Your donations not only go towards the maintenance and operational costs of running this forum, they also go towards bringing you special live events to shows like Monsterpalooza. We will be at Monsterpalooza, April 13th thru the 15th, and we have a great exhibit for you to enjoy. So please, be sure to stop by and say hello.  We promise we won't bite.

And please, if you haven't ever donated to the UMA, won't you please find it in your heart to consider doing so? No donation is too small! May God bless you, and may God continue to bless the UMA!

Salute!

The General of the UMA.
Terry Ingram.

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Hey Gang - donate 5 or 10 bucks to the UMA, and I will send you an 8" x 11" black & white original BIGFOOT, YETI or SASQUATCH illustration on light cardstock paper, signed & drawn by ME!  Just think - you can help out our favorite monster forum (by the way, that's the UMA) AND get some cool artwork, which in itself, is worth at least 50 cents!

Thanks!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »
Unknown Primate, you your generosity has unknown limits. Wow, thanks man! Much appreciated!

Sean

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
I finally had my wallet on me in my office so I could contribute!  Ha! ;D

It would be great to know what the UMA has donated as a group so far!

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:19:58 AM »
I would like to extend a very special "thank you" to all who donated this quarter! I really appreciate your support! Your donations will provide the UMA with the necessary resources to bring you top-notch roadside attractions (Monsterpalooza 2012) as well as improve upon the forum experience. Thanks again for your gracious support! We couldn't do it without you!

Salute!

Best and grateful, Terry Ingram.
The General of the UMA.

ilikemonsters

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »
Are you guys coming to Son of Monsterpalooza in Oct. ?
Eric

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Are you guys coming to Son of Monsterpalooza in Oct. ?
Eric

I'm afraid not. As much as we would like to be there, the logistics in getting everyone and everything to the west coast again just isn't feasible (we're all midwest located). We really enjoyed the last show and would like to return again someday down the road. 

Universal Monster Army

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
General- Sideshow Contests