What are your favourite Revell "Big Daddy" Roth model kits?

Started by Hepcat, February 13, 2012, 06:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristopherB

My favorite kit is, of course, the classic original Rat Fink.  But the Scuz Fink, hands down has the most beautiful box art!
There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission.

Hepcat

Rat Fink and Scuz-Fink are also the two runaway leaders in the voting so far.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: hugohernandez on February 21, 2013, 12:06:01 AMand of course the elusive RAT FINK IN LOTUS FORD.

wait till I get my hands on one, you will see my collection  then.

But we don't want to wait that long. We want to see pics of your collection NOW!

:)

WnewCreatureFeatures

Scuz Fink , looks the coolest though Angle Fink is quite creepy

Hepcat

Rat Fink is running away with the Gold here while Scuz-Fink seems to be a lock for the Silver.

:-\

Wolfman66

Im not really big into the ratfink kits.But do own a Angelfink kit that will buildup soon as done with some others.
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Haunted hearse

One of my favorite of Big Daddy's creations that did not make the list was
"Druid Princess".  This was the car he was building for the Addams Family, and I love the coffin he used as a gas tank housing.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

Quote from: Haunted hearse on November 07, 2015, 12:42:44 PM..."Druid Princess".  This was the car he was building for the Addams Family....

Why do you believe he was building it for The Addams Family?

???

A model kit of the Druid Princess would have been boss but Revell didn't choose to issue one:

:(

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Hepcat on November 07, 2015, 03:42:47 PM
Why do you believe he was building it for The Addams Family?

???

A model kit of the Druid Princess would have been boss but Revell didn't choose to issue one:

Big Daddy roth himself made the claim. ABC officials had approached him to build a counter to the Munster Koach, but the series was cancelled before the vehicle was completed. I had not realized that Revell never offered the Druid Princess as a kit.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

Another fab "Big Daddy" Roth custom car that didn't get turned into a model kit by Revell was the Orbitron:

Pity.

Hepcat

Quote from: Haunted hearse on November 07, 2015, 12:42:44 PMOne of my favorite of Big Daddy's creations ... was "Druid Princess".  This was the car he was building for the Addams Family, and I love the coffin he used as a gas tank housing.

The Druid Princess was featured on the cover of the February 1967 Drag Cartoons. Here's a scan of my copy:

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on April 26, 2012, 05:36:12 PM
These were my picks:

Mysterion
Angel Fink
Brother Rat Fink
Scuz-Fink with Dingbat
Superfink

Hmmmm. So my tastes have changed. These would now be my top six picks:

Angel Fink
Brother Rat Fink
Rat Fink
Mother's Worry
Scuz-Fink with Dingbat
Mysterion

:-\

Hepcat

Scuz-Fink is semi-comfortably in front of Surfink for the Silver here. This additional interpretation of Surfink by fabled "Big Daddy" Roth artist Wes Bennett(?) may give Surfink a boost in the voting though:

;)

Hepcat

Oh that is wild!

8)

How long did it take you to assemble it? Was a "Big Daddy is Our Leader" flag included with the kit parts?

???