Author Topic: DST New Minimates, Figures, and Retro Figures from Toy Fair 2012  (Read 8039 times)

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: DST New Minimates, Figures, and Retro Figures from Toy Fair 2012
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:34 AM »
Anton, I hate to admit it, but I've been buying these since day one. I couldn't pass up on the Creature and Kay, and wound up buying every one of these (deluxe and TRU versions). I do complain in hopes that they continue to improve. Face it, the next six figures are pretty damn amazing. I always figured it would be easier to buy them as they came out and get rid of them if I changed my mind. They're not Sideshow but the're not bad either (except Dracula, who looks like my UPS driver).

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 01:08:27 AM »
The thing that really bugs me about this line is the difficulty in finding the T'R'U versions. If you're not at the store when they unpack them, you lose out. It seems that each store only gets one shipment of one case (2 ea. per case). The only one I've had to buy on the secondary market was the Creature T'R'U variant for a fairly reasonable $20.

Universal_Adam

• Sergeant
  • Why was I not made of stone, like thee?
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 10:18:39 AM »
The thing that really bugs me about this line is the difficulty in finding the T'R'U versions. If you're not at the store when they unpack them, you lose out. It seems that each store only gets one shipment of one case (2 ea. per case). The only one I've had to buy on the secondary market was the Creature T'R'U variant for a fairly reasonable $20.
I hear you there.  Finding the TRU versions for a reasonable price is a bitch.  I had a heck of a time finding the TRU bride of Frankenstein for under 30.00 on Ebay.  BUT one day when I was in my local TRU, I noticed a sign that said "If you don't see it, ask!"
So Basically if you don't see it in your store, ask the clerk.  They can look online and find out which store most likely has the figure you are looking for, (They know for sure that there is one available, but they have to check around a bit to figure out which store it is)  you pay for it over the phone and they ship it directly to you.  Even if it isn't available online anymore!
I lucked out with the Bride of Frankenstein.  There was apparently ONE left in any TRU store and the clerk got a hold of one in Michigan (I'm in Wisconsin)  It took him a while, because he had to call a few stores to find out for sure which one had it, but it was worth the wait.  Also, the shipping was free.  I got it for the retail price of like 15.99
I plan to do that from now on.  If i can't get the TRU Exclusive in the store, or order it directly on the website, I will go to my store and make them find it lol.
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »
Anton, I hate to admit it, but I've been buying these since day one. I couldn't pass up on the Creature and Kay, and wound up buying every one of these (deluxe and TRU versions). I do complain in hopes that they continue to improve. Face it, the next six figures are pretty damn amazing. I always figured it would be easier to buy them as they came out and get rid of them if I changed my mind. They're not Sideshow but the're not bad either (except Dracula, who looks like my UPS driver).

Hahahahahahahahaha! It's a disease, I'm tellin' ya!!! :angel:

myersjason78

• New Recruit
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
I live outside of Houston and I had no trouble finding them. My TRU got one case in October of last year. Then in November, my TRU and the TRU around Houston got several cases. Even after Christmas, they got another case. In know the TRU down the street still has the Bride and Dracula. I think Dracula and Frankenstein are still on the TRU website. I know the Bride sold out on the website in a few days. Did you guys really have that much trouble find them? Come to Texas!

myersjason78

• New Recruit
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
Oh.... it was the same with the Munsters too.  Cases and cases of the munsters!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
It was a lot harder in L.A. I hope the new series is better distributed.

werewolfwoman

• Sergeant
  • howl!!!
    • http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »
Awesomeness! These are all great! I am glad to see new minimates. I love those things! But, when I saw the pics, my poor little invisible heart broke. :'( Why would they do the Hunchback instead of The Invisible Man? Even though I love The Hunchback of Notre Dame and the minimates look really cool, I need me some IM minimates! :P I swear I have seen a pic of the IM minimates somewhere.
i know how you feel, whenever i see a new line of monster toys i get so bummed when i don't see the wolfman. It has to be even harder for an invisible man fan because he really gets over looked. i hope you get some new invisible toys this year, ill keep my fingers crossed for you. i can definitely sympathize  :'(
even a woman who is pure of heart....well you know the rest..
http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com

DrMirakle32

• Private First Class
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
The Invisible Man gets overlooked? Look at Claude Rains' Phantom! The Metaluna Mutant and Mole Man have how many figures, and poor Claudin gets none. Hell, Sideshow made Bela the Gypsy and Fritz before a Rains Phantom. That's just cray cray.

werewolfwoman

• Sergeant
  • howl!!!
    • http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:44 PM »
The Invisible Man gets overlooked? Look at Claude Rains' Phantom! The Metaluna Mutant and Mole Man have how many figures, and poor Claudin gets none. Hell, Sideshow made Bela the Gypsy and Fritz before a Rains Phantom. That's just cray cray.

i wasn't implying that the Invisible man was the only figure that gets overlooked, i was just being sympathetic because the invisible man is her monster. I know there is a ton of monsters that get passed over, i was just trying to be kind and understanding... geesh  ::)
even a woman who is pure of heart....well you know the rest..
http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 12:01:52 AM »
I have been pining for Dracula's Daughter for awhile now. In addition to many, many, many others.................

Universal_Adam

• Sergeant
  • Why was I not made of stone, like thee?
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Seeing that DST is expanding their horizons, and going into "uncharted territory" with a Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde figure, I would think as long as the figures do well, Draculas Daughter may get a figure.
Also, in a discussion with a DST rep, I was asked what figures I would like to see.  In my very long list were Claude Rains Phantom and Draculas Daughter.  We'll see if they listen.  Coincidentally, Quasimodo was the first one I mentioned lol
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »
 I would have to say that the most overlooked character in the Universal stable is Dr. Frankenstein. I mean, why would you do Fritz or Bela the Gypsy before Colin Clive? Not that I'm not grateful for the previous two.

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
I would have to say that the most overlooked character in the Universal stable is Dr. Frankenstein. I mean, why would you do Fritz or Bela the Gypsy before Colin Clive? Not that I'm not grateful for the previous two.

Likeness rights. It's unclear who, if anyone, has a claim in his likeness, so it's too risky to produce (as I understand it from those who have looked into it).
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Moonshadow

• Sergeant
    • Bronze Age Babies
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
Likeness rights. It's unclear who, if anyone, has a claim in his likeness, so it's too risky to produce (as I understand it from those who have looked into it).

That's unfortunate. I would buy a Colin Clive Frankenstein in a second!