What are your favourite Hawk Weird-Ohs model kits?

Started by Hepcat, February 11, 2012, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbud

I was noticing how the BOX art
is better than the model...sometimes the sculpt is
very different!
-Bill

I always thought the very same thing! But then again..the great William Campbell drew most of the art but didn't sculpt the models I believe..... Buddy

bigbud

Gotta get in my original Williams painting.........Hodad Making the Scene With a Six Pak!  Cool........Buddy

Hepcat

Quote from: bigbud on June 06, 2012, 10:05:10 PM
But then again..the great William Campbell drew most of the art but didn't sculpt the models I believe.

That is correct. And the sculpts aren't nearly up to the quality of William Campbell's drawings.

Quote from: bigbud on June 06, 2012, 10:10:28 PM
Gotta get in my original Williams painting.........Hodad Making the Scene With a Six Pak!  Cool.

That's a William Campbell original? Wow! Tell us more! How and where did you get it?

:o
Collecting! It's what I do!

bigbud

It's that comic convertion connection thing again........Mr. Campbell was at a K C ComicCon..........he brought paintings and prints for a showcase-of-his-work room at the con.........I got to know him.........did a taped interview with him......and near the end of the con he gave me this original. Corresponded with him for several years, but lost touch.    Buddy

bigbud

bigbud

I'm going with Davey.....Endsville .........Freddy Flameout..........that's it.  But still love em all...........Buddy

dlhenderson

Quote from: Hepcat on June 06, 2012, 09:11:33 PM
Batfink? Roth did a Superfink but are you sure Roth did a Batfink?

???

OOPS. It was Angel Fink!! Mea Culpa! sfsrefs

Hepcat

Quote from: bigbud on June 07, 2012, 01:18:49 AM...and near the end of the con he gave me this original.

Quote from: bigbud on June 07, 2012, 01:29:03 AM
Also got these from Mr. Campbell....

Incredible! I am so jealous.

:o

bigbud

Mr. Campbell is a super guy.....I showed the original in a UMA thread some time ago. Afterwards, Mr. Campbell's daughter contacted me through the UMA. I wrote back, but never received a reply........Buddy

Hepcat

For those of you still unable to make up your minds, here are more pictures of some of the Hawk Weird-Oh kits from my own collection:

8)

Street Worm

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

jimm

Damn Bud, how'd I miss that post? Outstanding you HoDad!

hugohernandez

DADDY is my favorite.   Coffin, martini, nuff said.
followed by Huey's Hut Rod even though it is obvious he is  driving  in his OUTHOUSE!
Leaky  boat gets  a  big hands up for smoking and drinking while driving!
"hanging with the mothmen, everybody's favorite disguise"

Hepcat

Interesting that Fleer chose to picture Wade A. Minut on the Weird-Ohs gum cards wrapper even though the character seems to be far from everybody's favourite Weird-Oh.

:-\