What are your favourite Palmer monsters?

Started by Hepcat, February 11, 2012, 06:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimm

"The ghost-spewing flatulence displayed by that Palmer Wolfman is astounding!"

Wish I could do that!

freddie poe

IT TERROR FROM BEYOND gets my first vote Cyclops 2nd and Gorgo 3rd only because they were seldomly covered by any company. I also like the werewolf because it is a cross between TEEN AGE WEREWOLF and the the 1956 Columbia picture the WEREWOLF with Steve Ritch.

Hepcat

Quote from: Monster Bob on April 22, 2013, 04:50:42 PM
Quote from: Hepcat on October 05, 2012, 03:26:19 PMWhat I really want now when it comes to the Palmer monster is packs of these:

The black carded ones are standard first edition store versions.

The dart gun sets came from me, they were later-repacks by Toy House in Wisconsin. I had scads of these sets that I sold in Toy Shop 20 years ago.

1. When did Toy House come out with the repacks? Was it still in the sixties?

2. How much were you asking for the repacks at the time? About how many did you sell over what period of time?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on October 05, 2012, 03:26:19 PM
What I really want now when it comes to the Palmer monster is packs of these:
Did you get one each of the loose ones yet, Hep?

If so, what colors did you score, and are there anymore colors you want to get?

The blue ones are a bit more scarce. Get any blue ones?
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

No, none at all - yet! The loose Palmers aren't a very high priority for me. They'd be behind say an Odd Ogg, Mattel Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker or Marx Prehistoric Times Playset not to mention the MPC Pop-Tops....

;)

jimm

Still need yellow Creech, Drac, and Wolfie

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 19, 2015, 04:50:58 AM
No, none at all - yet! The loose Palmers aren't a very high priority for me. They'd be behind say an Odd Ogg, Mattel Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker or Marx Prehistoric Times Playset not to mention the MPC Pop-Tops....

;)
I understand. I love the Palmers because I grew up playing with them, but I would place them behind Marx UniMons, and MPC Pop-Tops and Unbreakable Weirds in desirability.

I would love to have a packaged Palmer set to display but I've never seen any offered for sale. As plentiful as packaged sets were as late as the '80s &, to a lesser extent, '90s (according to some sources) I find it strange that none ever pop up in the marketplace. I started getting Toy Shop in the mid '90s and I don't remember ever seeing any offered for sale. The only ones I saw at toy shows back then were loose ones as well.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Quote from: horrorhunter on January 19, 2015, 05:17:40 AMI would love to have a packaged Palmer set to display but I've never seen any offered for sale. As plentiful as packaged sets were as late as the '80s &, to a lesser extent, '90s (according to some sources) I find it strange that none ever pop up in the marketplace. I started getting Toy Shop in the mid '90s and I don't remember ever seeing any offered for sale. The only ones I saw at toy shows back then were loose ones as well.

Oh I agree! Any kind of the packaged sets of Palmers are incredibly scarce.

:(

Hepcat

Here's a good picture of a set of an Unbreakable Movie Monsters package in which the Palmer monster figures were originally issued in 1964:

Rack toy junk in the mid-sixties, but a priceless treasure to most of us monster kids today!

;D

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 18, 2021, 03:23:28 AM
Rack toy junk in the mid-sixties, but a priceless treasure to most of us monster kids today!
Yeah, just the loose Fay Wray would sell for stupid money these days. Occasionally I still find little boxes and chests with trinkets and knick-knacks around the house or garage and I always look for that tiny yellow Fay I had as a kid. I've found troll charms, toy gun ammo, and various other kid-junk but no Fay. The hapless quest continues...

::)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Speaking of which, Fay Wray was originally sprue connected to King Kong in the blister pack meaning she was the same colour. But now I think the combination of the two looks cooler when they're different colours.

:)

Hepcat

Here are a couple of pictures of really nice M.I.P. Palmer sets I just lifted off the net:

8)