New Lego Monsters are coming

Started by Monsterfink, January 25, 2012, 03:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsterfink

Reports out of the UK Toyfair state a new monster-centric Lego line is coming this year but reports are mixed as to wether this is a Universal Monster official line or a line inspired by the famous monsters called Lego Monster Hunters. Either way I'll be buying them....and the Lego Hulk.

Universal Steve

I would say going by the Frankenstein look, it is not licensed but still kinda cool.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

zombiehorror

Quote from: Universal Steve on January 25, 2012, 05:23:43 PM
I would say going by the Frankenstein look, it is not licensed but still kinda cool.

Uh-oh!  Does that mean these are "garage" Legos!??

Monsterfink

Latest news is it is original takes on the monsters under the "Monster Fighters" line

nospillblood

I don't care if they're licensed; that wolfman is cool.

soxpicks

Some more info on this line........................

Right now the 2012 Toyfair is happening in London, England. While the domestic convention won't happen for about three more weeks there's still the promise of exciting news coming from this convention across the pond.

Not a lot has come out thus far, but the biggest players right now are LEGO revealing their planned sets for Marvel, Lord of the Rings, and the more appropriate "Monster Fighters series".  The series focuses on a group of Ghostbuster-esque "Monster Fighters" going head-to-head against some of the classic (but not offically Universal) monsters!

The list of confirmed sets includes Werewolf, Frankenstein monster with the Doctor, Dracula with his bride, Swamp Monster, Mummy with skeletal horse, and a Ghost train.

Each set will include a different "Monster Fighter" going up against said monsters.

charp13

I have 2 different LEGO Frankensteins, and a vampire that looks like that one, but Oooooooh- that Wolfman is fantastic!
I hope they market that LEGO Wolfie!

Hellboyj

That werewolf is pretty cool. But not as cool as this wolfman...

Just saying... ;)

werewolfwoman

ooh cool,  i have a little collection of block werewolf/wolfman figures and would love to add another wolfie to the lot
even a woman who is pure of heart....well you know the rest..
http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com

-l-AYATOLLAH-l-

The Mini Figs they released in blind packs over the last year looked better than these new ones.

emazers

The Lego Vampire's Castle is the Largest set Coming, Retail's for $99.99 it has 956 pieces and comes with 6 figures Rodney Rathbone,   Jack Mchammer, The Vampire, Vampire's bride ans 2 manbats.
Other sets coming.
1-The Swamp Creature   70 ppieces
2-The Mummy  90 pieces
3-The Werewolf   243 pieces
4-The Vampire Hearse   313 pieces
5-The Mad Proffessor and his Monster 422 pieces
6-The Ghost Train  740 pieces

Wicked Lester

If I was in 2nd to 5th grade I would probably be stoked. Since I am not ,meh. Nice for the kids tho.

werewolfwoman

i love legos, and am all over the werewolf set
even a woman who is pure of heart....well you know the rest..
http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com

The Creeper

Wow, a hundred bucks for a Lego set!
Long live the UMA!