99 cent store Godzilla

Started by monsterphile, July 20, 2008, 09:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monsterphile

Although not a Universal, this guy has many UMA fans.  I found this guy at a 99 cent store nearby last week.  It also came in an orange-y version.  It looks like an Imperial copy.  It has no markings, just a little UPS code tag around its neck.  His arms and legs are posable and the tail as well. 

tv horror

I have one of those from about 12 years ago he is my only godzilla well except for the Aurora kit but I love him to death.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

packy120353

I think a few years back around Easter Target had those in their "Dollar Spot" including the orange one too and were calling them "generic dinosaur" but got the order to yank them quick. Now they turn up at a dollar store - very interesting!

monsterphile

Paul,

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  Looks like they were able to unload them after all.  lol

ramsey37

I have three sets of the Target Faux-Zillas. Is there anything on the reverse side of the tag around your Zilla's neck, or is it just a UPC code? The tags that Target used were considerably different.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

monsterphile

ramsey37

This is my pair of Faux-Zillas:
They're very similar, but I don't think they're exactly the same as yours.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Wich2

Look like just different paint apps?

NekroDave

At exactly which dollar store did you find these at? Nobody ever seems to mention specific names. There were some plastic robots "at a dollar store" recently that I wanted but could never find out where! I searched numerous different ones but could never find them.. :(

monsterphile

Quote from: ramsey37 on July 21, 2008, 01:34:07 PM
They're very similar, but I don't think they're exactly the same as yours.
George

I think you're right George.  I'll have to pop back to the store and pick up a "red" one too.  I think it had a lot of yellow in it too.

The name of the store is 99 Cent Thunder.  Don't ask me how they came up with the name though.  lol