Frankenstein Bust & Mask Pics

Started by Sean, December 12, 2011, 01:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Here is a Karloff Frankenstein bust from the 1931 original by Mike Hill:

Sean

I'll stick the Sam McCain wearable silicone Glenn Strange mask (with Lee Lambert modeling it) in here.  The jagged forehead scar suggests it's made after the Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein design.

Sean

Here is Karloff from Son of Frankenstein as a bust by Daniel Horne...

Sean

Here is a Glenn Strange monster bust by Chuck Jarman...

charp13

WOW!! These beautiful works of art reinforce my love of the Monster! Each one of those masterpieces takes me to a different place in my monster memory bank  :)
Wonderful pictures Sean!

lblambert

This is copy #1 of the 5 that Chuck did in latex. I took this pic the first time I owned it. I traded it to a friend who regretted selling his copy, then the collector who bought his flaked out on the deal so he was left with two. He put it back up for sale about the same time I started missing it so it's on its way back to me as we speak.

Quote from: Sean on December 12, 2011, 03:09:15 AM
Here is a Glenn Strange monster bust by Chuck Jarman...

Sean

Wow, Lee... you did a decent thing for a friend and it came back to you.  Good luck the 2nd time around!

frankenbill

Here is a one of a kind wax Glenn strange Frankenstein done by Tony Pitocco and Henry Alvarez...

Here is a very rare Post/Strange Frankenstein in wax....

How about the Edison/Ogle monster by Pitocco.....

Or a test make up Karloff by Pitocco.....

A monster squad Frankenstein(copy #1)by Pitocco.....

A Deniro Frankenstein by Henry Alvarez......

KabukiStein by Alvarez(an old piece).....

A Frankenstein threesome......

Monster Squad create version(one of a kind)by Pitocco.....

Unbound by Pitocco.....

And here is a rare one,Tony Pitocco's first ever Frankenstein mask........

Sean

FrankenBill, brother-----thanks for contributing pics and descriptions!!!  If anyone out there has one they can share (and please tell us the artist, too)----please do!

Sean

I think Alvarez's DeNiro and Pitocco's Unbound and Monster Squad Franks are particularly good.

Wolfie

Quote from: Sean on December 12, 2011, 01:35:26 AM
Here is a Karloff Frankenstein bust from the 1931 original by Mike Hill:

Awesome. Where can I get one?

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Sean on December 12, 2011, 02:54:39 AM
Here is Karloff from Son of Frankenstein as a bust by Daniel Horne...

There's something off about this sculpt. It makes Karloff look too old, and the eyes seem set too close together. It's surprising, because Horne's sculpts are usually so spot-on.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Monsternutt

MONSTERNUTT.

Sean

Daniel Horne's newest Glenn Strange Frank:

marsattacks666

Nice collection of pictures. Not to mention, great Frankenstein's Monster masks and busts.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."