Diamond Select Universal Monsters Wave 3 Pictures!

Started by Universal_Adam, December 04, 2011, 02:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the ugly insect

Quote from: aura of foreboding on June 19, 2012, 06:46:51 AM
I have been waiting for this for years.  Since Universal apparently doesn't grant licenses for A&C  (even when asked), I doubt this will happen.  But give us the monsters at least!

It's my understanding that Universal doesn't own the Abbott & Costello license.  If one wanted to produce some sort of A&C meet... type collectibles they would have to get the A&C licence as well as the Universal license - which from a current marketing standpoint is probably more trouble then it's worth. 

aura of foreboding

Which is why it is so difficult to do anything truly amazing anymore.    :(

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: the ugly insect on June 19, 2012, 09:54:28 AM
It's my understanding that Universal doesn't own the Abbott & Costello license.  If one wanted to produce some sort of A&C meet... type collectibles they would have to get the A&C licence as well as the Universal license - which from a current marketing standpoint is probably more trouble then it's worth.

Probably after all this time, no one is handling them as a team any more.  So a manufacturer would have to deal with each artist's family members AND the studio who owns the rights to the films - what a mess.

ADAM

Count_Zirock

The families run the official website together, and offer merchandise. I think it could be done, as long as they realize they're not going to make a fortune off of action figures.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Wizard_Of_Ed

The A&C likenesses would most likely be handled by a single group. No one is going to do Abbott without Costello so this only makes sense. It's not like the Chaneys where you don't need the Phantom with the Wolfman.

A&C have been used in figure form by Gmmy in a taklking motion figure that does "Who's on First" and in the 90's they were done as dolls by that company that did a ton of properties like that. (I forget their name but they went under years ago .) But it could be done and the estates should know what to expect from these previous 2 outings.