Author Topic: Is that a Monster in your Pocket?  (Read 1566 times)

tojoro

• Private First Class
Is that a Monster in your Pocket?
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »
 Sorry, couldn't resist ;D
 Has anyone gone after these? I completely missed the boat seeing how the first series was released in 1990.
 I stumbled upon the "Monster", (Frankenstein), while looking for something else on ebay, researched MIMP, and discovered they did just about every classic monster, as well as some cool mythology figures as well.
 I got a nice head start from a UK ebay seller where you could choose any 50 in any color he had available under  "buy now" for about $45.
 I discovered from visiting the forums at littlerubberguys, that most who collect these go for the entire series and in every color made available. :o
 For me, I'm just looking for certain characters in one cool color.
 What do you guys think? Love 'em or leave 'em?

Tom
Why was I not made of stone like thee?

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
Re: Is that a Monster in your Pocket?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
The guy who designed these contacted me once.  We shared a couple e-mails, then he disappeared.  He was very knowledgeable about obscure monsters, as is evident in the wide variety of characters represented.
Raymond Castile

monsterphile

• Sergeant Major
  • UMA member since September 29, 2003
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
I had picked up a bunch of these in a yard sale years ago and eventually sold off most of them as a lot on Ebay.  I did keep a few that I liked and they are on a shelf that has small items/figures on it.  I thought that some were too cartoony, but some were pretty cool.

Rob

tojoro

• Private First Class
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
 Yeah, they are a bit on the cutesy side, but I suppose they have to appeal to small children. Funnily enough, they have re-launched these in various parts of the world. They're a bit larger than the originals, and they're not as cute as they used to be. They almost look like something McFarlane or Bisley would design. Doesn't look like they'll ever make the US, though.
 I believe they were released in the UK and South America.
 Thanks for the replies guys.
 Tom

Josh

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
Speaking of these, I found this and thought it was pretty cool...

tojoro

• Private First Class
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:15 AM »
 That is cool, and smart too! A place to store AND display your monsters, plus, it hangs on the wall to boot. Nice find. ;D
 Tom

Josh

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »
Just to clear up, I found that on the web on this guys blog. 

http://oznightshade.googlepages.com/mimp

Don't want anyone to think I was claiming that I owned it (wish I did cause I really like it)