"Ghost Busters" Limited Re-Release

Started by Monsters For Sale, October 13, 2011, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Just saw a news article on TV about "Ghost Busters" playing only on Thursdays (one showing each night) at selected theaters throughout October.

Check your local listings for availability.

Seems like an odd way to do it.  Must be tied in to a special DVD/BLU-Ray issue coming out.

ADAM

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 13, 2011, 06:56:13 PM

Just saw a news article on TV about "Ghost Busters" playing only on Thursdays (one showing each night) at selected theaters throughout October.

Check your local listings for availability.

Seems like an odd way to do it.  Must be tied in to a special DVD/BLU-Ray issue coming out.

Actually we're going tonight...here in beautiful downtown Burbank. I believe that this is the 2nd year Columbia has done this...just for Halloween

OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Opera Ghost on October 13, 2011, 07:17:28 PM
Actually we're going tonight...here in beautiful downtown Burbank. I believe that this is the 2nd year Columbia has done this...just for Halloween

OG

Haven't heard it refered to as "Beautiful downtown Burbank" since Johnny Carson retired.
ADAM

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 13, 2011, 07:24:50 PM
Haven't heard it refered to as "Beautiful downtown Burbank" since Johnny Carson retired.

I try to keep it alive ;)
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

general gruesome

It's awesome to see Ghostbusters back in theaters!

Opera Ghost

Not very impressed with the showing. Digital projection--cropped for 235 widescreen. Very video processed grainy. Got passed it after about 20 minutes. Love seeing films in the theatre as one sees/hears things often for the first time.

was toying with Seeing Frankenstein down in El Segundo at Old Town Music Hall Tonight, but little too far of a drive for a FRIDAY NIGHT.

OG

ChattyLMS

My son told me about this.  I wanted to go and see it with him.  But that rat is going to see it with one of his friends instead!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Frankenfurter

Went to see Ghostbusters last week and what an experience it was! I really liked the grainy non-digital look that the film had (kinda wish it was still that way). Great audience to see the film with, everyone had a lot of fun with it. I just don't get why most places are only doing Thursday showings. I would guess that Friday and Saturday would bring in more people. Heck, its not like there's that many great films in the theater right now anyway - and surely none that surpasses the original Ghostbusters.