Aurora cutout hang-ups

Started by ChrisW, June 30, 2008, 01:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

Don't know if these have been discussed before. These were given to me by a friend whose father worked in a hobbyshop and was a bit of a pack rat. The art is the same size as the cover, but is printed on both sides (the opposite side, as shown, is printed in reverse). The art is separated from the background so there is a white outline, and the figures are diecut. I don't know if the Mummy originally had text at the bottom, but the bottom edge looks as if it was diecut at the same time as the figure. Does anyone else have the other figures, or know which ones were done like this? Apparently they were sent to hobbyshops by Aurora to hang up as promotion decorations.

fmofmpls

Thanks Chris for sharing. I have seen these before. Not sure how many different promos were made? Very cool though! And rare too.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Mike Scott

Here's a MUMMY and a DRACULA.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChrisW

Thanks Mike. Any idea what others were done - Creature or Wolf Man? I've only seen Frankenstein before...

Monster Bob

They are off of an Aurora mobile, which is why there are holes in their heads.

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChrisW on July 01, 2008, 01:46:15 AM
Thanks Mike. Any idea what others were done -

These are the only ones I've seen. I assume there were others?
CREATURE FAN

hhwolfman

They are useless pieces of cardboard. Just send Care of HHWolfman.  ;D

ChrisW

A mobile? Cool. I'd love to see a photo of an old hobby shop turn up with an Aurora monster mobile hanging in the background!

Toy Ranch

There is an  Anthony Quinn Hunchback.

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: Toy Ranch on July 01, 2008, 11:58:52 AM
There is an  Anthony Quinn Hunchback.

ChrisW, your Mummy originally had text at the bottom. I've seen pix of the Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf Man, Mummy, Creature, Phantom and Hunchback mobiles, all had the black box with logotype, text, Aurora logo, etc... I think I have those pix around here in a file somewhere, I'll post if I find them.

"There's a curse upon it - it means death to whoever breaks that seal..."- heard whenever my kids want to open my shrinkwrapped vintage Auroras

ChrisW

Thanks EoK - I'd love to see them all.

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: ChrisW on July 01, 2008, 06:22:01 PM
Thanks EoK - I'd love to see them all.

No problem, glad to share! Can't seem to find the Phantom (maybe I saw that pic in a mag/Aurora book and not online?), but here are all the others - enjoy!

"There's a curse upon it - it means death to whoever breaks that seal..."- heard whenever my kids want to open my shrinkwrapped vintage Auroras

Mike Scott

Really cool seeing all those together like that! Thanks!
CREATURE FAN

ChrisW

Ditto - thanks for posting those images!

michblk

Wow, those are sweet!  Thanks!
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes