Universal Hollywood: who's been and do they have a Bates Motel Gift shop?

Started by Anton Phibes, October 07, 2011, 09:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

OK. Never been myself. Its on my bucket list. Gotta see the Psycho set. A question for anyone thats been...is there a Bates Motel gift shop? If so---anything good there? Curious.....

Scatter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 07, 2011, 09:47:50 PM
OK. Never been myself. Its on my bucket list. Gotta see the Psycho set. A question for anyone thats been...is there a Bates Motel gift shop? If so---anything good there? Curious.....

I've been there, though it's been several years. I don't recall a Bates Motel gift shop. Anyway, ALL the giftshops carried the same exact stock of pretty mundane stuff when I was there.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Scatter on October 07, 2011, 09:51:29 PM
I've been there, though it's been several years. I don't recall a Bates Motel gift shop. Anyway, ALL the giftshops carried the same exact stock of pretty mundane stuff when I was there.

That. Stinks. :'(

neonnoodle

Yeah.  You know, it's funny...the tours are fun, I love the tram ride around the studio, that's real neat.  But the stuff they sell has become non-interesting the past couple of decades.  They used to have a movie makeup store--I guess I have a particular interest in that--but it had monster masks, all the unimonster classic masks that were current, and also theatrical makeup.  That was back when they had the Castle of Dracula (the late 70's) and at that time you could see several Frankenstein Monsters roaming the park, as well as a Baby Frank and a Bride.  They really pushed the classic monsters back then!  Now they only push 'em around Halloween time.  :(

I do believe I saw one of those Psycho shower curtains for sale at one of the stores on Universal Citywalk, though.

Inside the park, there are stores like a Lucy store, a Simpsons store, a Marvel store.  It doesn't have the same Hollywood "feel" imo.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q