Fake Colin Clive autograph on ebay *proof*

Started by Mrs Frankenstein, September 28, 2011, 06:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on September 18, 2019, 02:47:55 PM
To me autograph seeking/collecting is a form of hero worship.

Duh! What's wrong with that?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Rex fury

I have fun getting autographs as mementos of the different people I meet. I don't buy them from auctions I just get something signed at the time. Elsewhere on this site I wondered how I could prove that my Stan Lee and Jack Kirby autographs are authentic? Not so much for me as I have no intention of selling them, but for my kids after I'm gone. Does anybody else ever think about this?
RF

Hepcat

Well if your kids don't value them for their own sake, what does it matter?

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mrs Frankenstein

Quote from: Rex fury on September 18, 2019, 03:52:00 PM
I have fun getting autographs as mementos of the different people I meet. I don't buy them from auctions I just get something signed at the time. Elsewhere on this site I wondered how I could prove that my Stan Lee and Jack Kirby autographs are authentic? Not so much for me as I have no intention of selling them, but for my kids after I'm gone. Does anybody else ever think about this?
RF

Try to find some leading authority historians, they should be able to help.
Back in the day I owned about 10 different Clive autographs..yes, could have been more even, now I can easily tell what a real one looks like.  The fakes look so bad ! His signature is very steady and sharp, fakes are uneven and often use the wrong ink.
"I'm no Clark Gable in the matter of looks, I require a good dramatic play before my fatal charm is discernible" - Colin Clive - 1935

Mrs Frankenstein

Quote from: Hepcat on September 18, 2019, 02:47:55 PM
I agree. And truthfully I just don't see the appeal. To me autograph seeking/collecting is a form of hero worship.

:-\

Well, to you maybe but to others it is usually something else. We all collect different things - you are a collector yourself, you should understand.
Anyway, whatever floats your boat, it is a matter of preference. I find autographs wonderful and a nice way to have a piece of your favorite artists that you often couldn't meet or whatever as they dies way before your time. It is also a investment.
"I'm no Clark Gable in the matter of looks, I require a good dramatic play before my fatal charm is discernible" - Colin Clive - 1935