You know what I like most about this site?

Started by Bonomo, September 23, 2011, 04:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonomo

marsattacks666

Quote from: Bonomo on September 23, 2011, 04:28:25 PM
That it is NOT FACEBOOK.
Just sayin'.
.    Haaaaaaaaaaa! Totally awesome! I have my evil opinions about Facebook, but....... I will be nice. >:D.                                              UMA, rocks!                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Okay, just one little bashing.  " hi, I'm at Taco Bell, drinking a Coke zero." or "went to the mall, bought skinny jeans." 3 friends like........
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Bonomo

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 23, 2011, 04:40:34 PM
.    Haaaaaaaaaaa! Totally awesome! I have my evil opinions about Facebook, but....... I will be nice. >:D.                                              UMA, rocks!                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Okay, just one little bashing.  " hi, I'm at Taco Bell, drinking a Coke zero." or "went to the mall, bought skinny jeans." 3 friends like........

lol yes that is a prime example right there.

neonnoodle

They are my friend; because I clicked on them and that, then, therefore means that person is my friend.  Have you ever met them?  No, no; but we are friends, see, I have them there in the friend folder with my 5,023 friend buddies.  Click.  Oh! I have another friend!  By golly.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Opera Ghost

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

long live kong

Ah Facebook! The place where vaguely familiar acquaintances and distant cousins exchange gushing, phony compliments and niceties with each other and then ignore each other when they pass in the street. I looked up my ex-girlfriend from college a while back just out of curiosity. I wish I hadn't. There was a look on her face that was something between sadness and bitter regret  :-\
Monster lovers never grow old....

Scatter

Quote from: Unknown Primate on September 23, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
Hey!  That was my last wall post!!

You haven't bought skinny jeans since the Nixon administration.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

charp13

I'm gonna be honest...I didn't sign myself up for Facebook- my daughter did, and I protested. But I love the fact that I can look at pictures of loved ones that they always used to say "Oh, I'll send you a picture of so and so, he/she has gotten so big and so cute"! Now, I can fawn over my little nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. without them having to figure out how to email or print out photos.  Other than that, I find Facebook a little confusing and I try to keep as few "friends" as possible.  I can't really get into too much trouble on there. The UMA however, somehow makes me feel comfortable enough to share my thoughts and opinions- and I apologize if I've ever creeped anyone out.  And I went to the mall today and bought some pajama jeans.

Hepcat

Quote from: charp13 on September 23, 2011, 08:34:43 PM
But I love the fact that I can look at pictures of loved ones that they always used to say "Oh, I'll send you a picture of so and so, he/she has gotten so big and so cute"! Now, I can fawn over my little nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. without them having to figure out how to email or print out photos.

Yes, but all those people on Facebook don't like the Aurora monsters like we all do here!

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Pauspy

Quote from: Hepcat on September 23, 2011, 08:59:49 PM
Yes, but all those people on Facebook don't like the Aurora monsters like we all do here!

;)

If they did, they'd all be here at the UMA instead of telling people they're "looking forward to lunch" (actual quote) and other earth-shattering news
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Unknown Primate

I avoided FB for a long time, but now I have 50 (count'em, 50) friends!! 80% consists of my sisters, nieces & nephews, my son, daughter & wife.  I just recently got back in touch with a couple of friends I hadn't talked to in 30 plus years!!  We're gonna meet up the next time I get back to my hometown.  I'm kind of a heel, though, I suppose, coz there's a boatload of humanoids who I have NOT "friended"!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Moonshadow

I resisted Facebook for a long time, but when it became obvious that many of my friends and family were using it for communication (more so than email) I signed up. I agree with Charp, I enjoy seeing photos of the people I care about. The people I have "friended" are mostly friends and family, although I have added a few folks I don't actually "know" -a few are comics pros I've interviewed, a few are writers I enjoy, etc. But I don't delude myself that they are my buddies. I'm quite content with the 50 or so people on my account. I know plenty of people who have 1000 or so "friends." It seems like it is a contest for them.

Unfortunately a lot of people think that being on Facebook somehow makes them a celebrity -and given how easy it is to be a celebrity in this society, it's hard to blame them. Apparently they think we should all be interested in what they are having for lunch, or how tired they are, or that they just bought a new shirt. It's a bizarre, egotistical spectacle that I don't care to see. A few of my "friends" are now hidden for this reason.  Post an interesting idea; show a picture of a cool place you have been; share a fun link. But don't detail the minutiae of your day! NO ONE CARES!!

Scatter

Quote from: Moonshadow on September 23, 2011, 10:59:41 PM

Unfortunately a lot of people think that being on Facebook somehow makes them a celebrity -and given how easy it is to be a celebrity in this society, it's hard to blame them. Apparently they think we should all be interested in what they are having for lunch, or how tired they are, or that they just bought a new shirt. It's a bizarre, egotistical spectacle that I don't care to see. A few of my "friends" are now hidden for this reason.  Post an interesting idea; show a picture of a cool place you have been; share a fun link. But don't detail the minutiae of your day! NO ONE CARES!!

Thank you. 
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

marsattacks666

Quote from: Unknown Primate on September 23, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
Hey!  That was my last wall post!!
.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Really?!?  Okay, okay. I actually bought skinny jeans, recently. Hey I'm a musician and trying to be young. Lol. 5 fiends like. Thumbs up!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."