Universal Monsters Retro Series 2 in comic shops this week... 9/7/11

Started by myersjason78, September 06, 2011, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRICK

All is not lost when it comes to a Kharis figure. Hasbro came out with quite a good 12" figure a number of years back and it can still be picked up at a good price. While it doesn't look like much straight out of the box, I was able to customize mine with really great results.

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Kenneth

Wow, Brick! That looks INCREDIBLE! I want my Hasbro Kharis to look exactly like that!!! Thanks for sharing.

Monsters For Sale

That is a BEAUTIFUL Mummy customization!

It never occurred to me that it could look that good.
ADAM

BRICK

It did come out quite well. Actually Hasbro's whole line is pretty good, the final detailing just needed to be a little better. Also, for this figure I had a bit of practice, in that I gave a 12" Ken doll the Kharis treatment in the early '90's, long before there were any action figures of that size out. Here are a couple more shots to enjoy.

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Count_Zirock

Hasbro's clean, white bandages were just so off-putting, I never got the figure. Today, I would just soak them overnight in coffee, rinse, and rewrap!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello