the worst movies of all time

Started by general gruesome, August 09, 2011, 11:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LundyAfterMidnight

Quote from: FACTO2 on August 10, 2011, 01:11:59 AM
How's about "Manos, the Hands of Fate?"  Or is that one that's so bad it's good?   ;)

For our purposes, "Manos" gets my vote. I love so-bad-it's-good flix, & this isn't one of them IMO.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Street Worm

lol...way too many to name!

I've recently watched all the (inspired by or adapted from) H.P. Lovecraft films
I could find the worst of those would be-

"Dark Heritage" (1990), "Cthulhu Mansion" (1992), "The Lurking Fear" (1994),
"Beyond the Wall Of Sleep" (2004) & "The Tomb" (2007)-
"Forever Evil" should probably be on this list, but (I think) this one heads into the so bad it's good area...

& since I have it handy, the 3 WORST Horror Films of 2000s

The Invasion (2005), The Sadness (2008) & The Evil Woods (2007)

Scary Terry

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Scary Terry

I love Bela and Angelo -- but Scared to Death is a major stinkeroo!
Scared to Death (1): Bela Lugosi in Colour
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Pauspy

While I love "bad" movies, I had to turn off the Johnny Depp film Benny & Joon. It was so blasted precious it was sickening (yes, you're both eccentrics in a dull dull world...get over yourselves) . It was like 100 Dean Koontz protagonists distilled into two characters.  >:(
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Dr. Madd

Quote from: Elisabeth on August 10, 2011, 08:47:50 AM
JUNGLE WOMAN, with Aquanetta
"...Awww, It's a Gyp!!!..."
"E"

I liked that one.. But anyway.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

general gruesome

I have to disagree with the original Hills Have Eyes, I really liked that one alot. I also enjoyed Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man but it wasn't the greatest,  it was good

zombiehorror

Quote from: Flower on August 10, 2011, 01:55:38 AM
Okay but in my opinion, Van Helsing falls into none of these catagories.

And that is why you didn't pick it, I did....LOL!  Two more picks A Walk in the Clouds and Bridges Over Madison County; I don't mind romance/chick flicks but even my wife was bored during these abominations.

Back to the horror front; Rob Zombie's Halloween and his follow up Halloween II!

Scatter

Quote from: Scary Terry on August 10, 2011, 02:35:21 PM
Frankenstein Island.  Jaw-dropingly bad.
FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND

http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/cult_movies/frankenstein_island.htm

Everybody talks about the legendary badness of the last films of Bela, but Carradine doesn't take a back seat to ANYBODY in the trash for cash genre.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

kklloo

I'll put up some of the modern ones I've seen, when I remember more I'll post but I try so hard to forget....

Red Riding Hood
Every Twilight Movie made
Yellow Brick Road

Scatter

Quote from: kklloo on August 10, 2011, 08:57:49 PM
I'll put up some of the modern ones I've seen, when I remember more I'll post but I try so hard to forget....

Red Riding Hood
Every Twilight Movie made
Yellow Brick Road

I'm still going to view Red Riding Hood when it comes on Netflix. Such a wasted opportunity if it's as bad as reported.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Flower

Quote from: Scatter on August 10, 2011, 08:59:46 PM
I'm still going to view Red Riding Hood when it comes on Netflix. Such a wasted opportunity if it's as bad as reported.

It's a well made movie with an interesting twist in the plot .. 

I enjoyed it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

judd

It's tough because there are low budget crappy movies made by hacks and then there are Hollywood feature films which should have been done better.  Off the top of my head.

Yeah Manos is one of them.  Exit to Eden is unbelieveable bad considering the talent who made and starred in the movie. 

This is controversial.  I don't think Animal house is a terrible movie as such but I think it's had a huge and negative impact on our culture.  I believe the film was intended to be a farce and I see it as such but many young men saw it as a cool lifestyle and took it seriously..  It celebrates stupidity, binge drinking, drug use and objectifation of women.  A number of others films were produced following the same formula.  I think Animal House was not a healthy thing for our society. 

I do find the scene with the horse being shot to be really funny.

Sean

Quote from: Flower on August 09, 2011, 11:47:10 PM
Super Vixens
The Hills Have Eyes

Super Vixens is a cinematic masterpiece.  ;)

Sean

The Blair Witch Project
Sasquatch
Tombs of the Blind Dead