Oh you want to see Ken Strickfaden FRANKENSTIEN equipment, do you?

Started by gracebuster, June 07, 2008, 06:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracebuster

A few years ago we were blessed to have a chance to go to a wearhouse in Los Angeles to see the famed Strickfaden Equipment before it was moved to Vegas for a big auction.

This was probalbly 4 years ago.

Enjoy!

Bob, moi and Taylor White

We have our pal, Brian Anthony to thank for the tour! Great guy and restoration genius!

The legend is that whenver Ken turned the equipment on in his Santa Monica garage all of the appliances in the neighborhood went whacky!

HARRY HAMMOCK

That is great Dan.I got to come out to the west coast with my wife,She'd love this stuff.Last time I was there was in 84.It may have changed some.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

michblk

Wow, that stuff is Great!  It should be in a museum somewhere!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

ChrisW

Oh.Wow. Thanks for posting - what INCREDIBLE reference! I'm gonna throw on the DVD and try to place all the pieces in the laboratory...

Inkfink

Thanks for posting this! I picked up the Strickfaden book awhile back but still haven't read it. It has b&w pictures of these pieces but your color photos are even better!

Jim Bertges

Wow! For those of us model builders with diorama ideas swirling around in their heads, these color shots are an incredible resource. Thanks, Dan.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Crazy1van

Those are incredible.  Very surreal, seeing the Lab crated up like that.  Like the pieces are on their way to a big wharehouse where the government stores big secret things that they'll never get around to studying properly.  But that would be silly.
Homo homini lupus
"Man is a wolf to man"

http://www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Talbot.pdf

Neck Bolts

Grape

Quote from: Crazy1van on June 09, 2008, 12:17:13 AM
Those are incredible.  Very surreal, seeing the Lab crated up like that.  Like the pieces are on their way to a big wharehouse where the government stores big secret things that they'll never get around to studying properly.  But that would be silly.

I thought something similar when I saw those pic's. I mean, if the events depicted in "Frankenstein" had really happened, where would that old equipment be now? Maybe it'd be on permanent display at the Smithsonian. What we see in these pic's could be the stuff  about to be sent around to various other museums in a traveling exhibition.
~Grape
When you've got a thirst for something palinka, remember ....
BOR SOR ES PALINKA

SHADOWMANN

Being a prop maker myself and tring to get close ups of GODS equipment like this all my life...I'm dizzy....Strick set how a mad lab will look forever! LAWD Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowmanN - Shoot me if I ever grow up

avenger

Danny,
    The equipment from Frankenstein's lab is beautiful and you actually got to examine all
this great memorabilia up close.Thanks for sharing with those of us who will never have
such an opportunity. Great photos !!

The Drunken Severed Head

Seeing these photos today made my birthday! Thanks for the closeup view of these wonderful, historic props!

ProfGriffin

"MORE Devil machines!!!! For the accursed Frankenstein!!!! HAAAAAAA!!!!  HAAAAAAA! "
(Throws dirts and mud at the boxes.)

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

raycastile

Quote from: Grape on June 09, 2008, 06:19:47 AM
I thought something similar when I saw those pic's. I mean, if the events depicted in "Frankenstein" had really happened, where would that old equipment be now? Maybe it'd be on permanent display at the Smithsonian. What we see in these pic's could be the stuff  about to be sent around to various other museums in a traveling exhibition.

If the events of Frankenstein had really happened, the government would have the equipment stashed away in the same secret warehouse with the lost ark.  Obviously, Dan is an undercover G-man.  I expected as much after seeing his performance in the THE FUGITIVE.  I didn't know that Bob is also a G-man.  Perhaps those rumors are true that he is the one in the Patterson Bigfoot film.  No doubt part of some undercover operation.  I bet that suit is in the warehouse, too.  But the big question is, where is the actual Frankenstein MONSTER, and when is he going to escape and cause havoc?
Raymond Castile