Author Topic: Any suggestions for toy/model shopping in Connecticut?  (Read 1727 times)

Getter_1

• Corporal
Any suggestions for toy/model shopping in Connecticut?
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
I'm going to be taking care of my sick mom for 3 weeks in East Lyme, CT and was wondering if anybody had ANY suggestions for toy/model and/or monster related goodness.  I'm going to be sitting in hospice with my mom and would like some sort of diversion for my limited free time.  I'm hoping somone has some suggestions.  I've been in East Lyme a few times in the past year but have no idea where to look (it's pretty rural).

Sorry for the random question.  I hop you guys don't mind. 

Thanks!
Jasen

Roback

• Corporal
    • Megocentral
Re: Any suggestions for toy/model shopping in Connecticut?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »
 Hey Jay,  I'm close by in East Haven. Maybe we can get together and grab lunch? I do know of a few stores, nothing to write home about but it may be a way to get your mind off things a bit. It's always fun to hook up with a fellow collector. Let me know, my schedule is pretty flexible.
Robert Acquarulo

GeorgeL

• New Recruit
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
I'm in Westport CT and there aint sheeeeeet for monster toys in this state (that I know of). Lived here all my life 33 yrs. NYC has some decent shops but a bit too far from east lyme.

There used to be some cool vintage toys shops which always had monsters but since feebay emerged in the late 90s they have all dissapeared. I knew of one in west haven, bridgeport, fairfield and stamford. All of them are gone.  :-[

Roback

• Corporal
    • Megocentral
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
Alternate Universe in New Haven carries a small selection of vintage toys but like I said, it's nothing to write home about. Love Saves The Day and Toy Tokyo are cool but their around 90 minutes from us in New York.
Back in the day I owned an electrical contracting business and I did some work at Frank Gorshins estate out your way George. A hell of a nice guy. He actually took me next door to meet Rodney Dangerfield.  :D
Robert Acquarulo

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »
There used to be some cool vintage toys shops which always had monsters but since feebay emerged in the late 90s they have all dissapeared.

"FeeBay" ..  :D LOL! Ain't that the truth. I love it. I'm surprised they don't have a fee yet just to log into your account.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Getter_1

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
Thanks for the info!  I suspected that there wasnt much going on out here (I'm in CT now).  I've been to that comic shop in New Haven.  Not too exciting but better than nuffin'.  I was surprised at how long it's been there.  I went there with my brother at least 10 years ago. 

Anyway, thanks again for the info.  I really appreciate it.

Jasen