After all these years I found my funereal song. What's yours?

Started by Wicked Lester, June 25, 2011, 03:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

C,mon. I don't believe in big $$$ burials and long good byes. I used to think a 60 minute CD of my fave punk/H.C metal but this one kinda says it all. I'm sure I'll dig up a couple more but short and sweet is what it's all about,right? You're here and then suddenly you fade out and your gone.

DEMONAZ - "Dying Sun" from "March of the Norse"

My favorite quote from a GREAT movie Scrooge 1970. "There is not enough time to do or say all the things we would wish,the thing is to do as much as you can in the time that you have ...time is short and suddenly you're not there..anymore. tynhrt tynhrt

Elisabeth

Mine will be "Christine's Lullaby" from the 1943 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, sung in French, and Michael Crawford's "Music of the Night"...also from PHANTOM...

"E"
"....I do hope he won't upset Henry..."

Wich2

Dunno about songs, yet.

But the reading will be from Luke:

"Why seek ye the living among the dead?"

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Flower

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Illoman

Street Worm: I have had a copy of this album for years, based on it's rep among prog rock fans. I'm gonna have to give it another try. It just never clicked with me.

Street Worm

Quote from: Illoman on June 25, 2011, 10:45:16 PM
Street Worm: I have had a copy of this album for years, based on it's rep among prog rock fans. I'm gonna have to give it another try. It just never clicked with me.

Probably not for everybody, but it'll always be in my top ten albums of all time list...

I'll always remember playing it for my buddy of mine in high school who listened for a while &
then jumped up with a big "No!" & as he headed to the turntable to remove it he added:
"this is music for Crazy People"  :D

Illoman

Quote from: Street Worm on June 26, 2011, 10:53:11 AM
Probably not for everybody, but it'll always be in my top ten albums of all time list...

I'll always remember playing it for my buddy of mine in high school who listened for a while &
then jumped up with a big "No!" & as he headed to the turntable to remove it he added:
"this is music for Crazy People"  :D

Trust me on this one: I have many cd's that people hear me listening to and just shake their heads. Or run away. LOL!!! Many of them involve Robert Fripp for some reason...

Scatter

Quote from: Wich2 on June 25, 2011, 01:08:41 PM
Dunno about songs, yet.

But the reading will be from Luke:

"Why seek ye the living among the dead?"

Craig, I'll follow your lead. Perfection.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

CreepysFan

Flower, I had to laugh at your choice, love your sense of humor.   My choice for a funeral song is also my favorite song, SEASONS IN THE SUN by Terry Jacks.  That song about dying seems appropriate.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Flower

Quote from: CreepysFan on June 26, 2011, 09:39:31 PM

Flower, I had to laugh at your choice, love your sense of humor.   My choice for a funeral song is also my favorite song, SEASONS IN THE SUN by Terry Jacks.  That song about dying seems appropriate.

Why be appropriate .. this is another one of my choices ...

Genesis - Misunderstanding
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Unknown Primate

Not sure about a song, but always thought this recitation by Jonathan Frid of Christina Georgina Rossetti's (1830-1894) poem was hauntingly appropriate for my dismissal from this earthly plane.

When I am Dead
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

charp13

When the Angels Sing by Social Distortion
or  Ha-ha You're Dead by Greenday

SeptimusPretorius

Do you like gin? It's my only weakness.

http://www.thehorrorhospitalofdrpretorius.com/