Gosh!!! Any Punk/New Wave/Dark Wave music fans in UMAland?!?

Started by marsattacks666, June 20, 2011, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Hepcat

Here's another band I saw at the New Yorker Cinema in 1977:

DEAD BOYS - I Need Lunch

The Dead Boys had the punk look and attitude down pat.

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monolith

I agree, those are some great bands. Here's two from one you might not know. I saw them a couple of times a long time a go, they were great.

The proletariat- options

The Proletariat - Voodoo Economics

Wicked Lester

I'm sure some diehard Metallica heads will hate this but I think it's pretty damn cool.

agent orange - seek & destroy

Wicked Lester

I originally bought this on vinyl 25 years ago. Duped to tape. Loved it then and with the crappy state of affairs well....

Death sentence - In flames

Hepcat

The Damned had their inception in 1974 when drummer Rat Scabies met bass player Captain Sensible while they were cleaning toilets at Croydon Fairfield Halls where they worked. They were every bit as instrumental in defining the look, sound and attitude of British punk as were the Sex Pistols and went on to become one of the most successful and longstanding punk bands ever.

8)

barkatthemoon

barkatthemoon

Quote from: Wicked Lester on June 30, 2011, 01:01:25 AM
That just means there is still hope for you H.C.

I posted a long thread and for some reason it only half loaded and then disappeared. So here I go again 40 fricken minutes later. >:(

Punk Funk. Hope no one takes offense. HEP you should like this. A Blast from the past.

Dig it. Basic punk/James Brown and Earth Wind and Fire. 8)

Big Boys - White nnnnnn

Big Boys - Funk Off

This reminds me of a funky Souxie and the Banshees.
Bush Tetras Can't Be Funky

Speaking of which... Post Punk? Dark rock?

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Israel

Love Siouxsie and the Banshees...one of the best!

Hepcat

marsattacks666

marsattacks666

Hepcat

The B-Girls were a Toronto punk band in 1977:

Evidently it was their debut performance I saw at Club David's off BayStreet. They played two six song sets. Since they only knew six songs, they played them twice each!

B-Girls High School Dance

Steve Leckie of the Viletones was in the audience of a dozen or more that night. "Hey, B-Girls are ace!" he said upon hearing them play several songs. "So are you, Steve" one replied.

Incidentally, the headline act for which the B-Girls were opening that night was the Boyfriends from Detroit. They came on with Caesar cut hair styles and wearing suits with narrow ties, straight legged pants and grease boots. They looked absolutely fantastic and sounded great. They were technically solid and the tightest punk band I've ever heard. But I can't find a single, solitary picture, video clip or recording of this band. I keep wondering what happened to the Boyfriends because like I say, they were very good indeed.

The B-Girls though almost immediately transplanted themselves to New York and became a fixture at CBGB's. They quickly formed relationships with other punk bands and sang backup for Blondie at live appearances and on the hit single "The Tide Is High". The bass player Cynthia Ross (blue sweater in the video) formed a particularly close relationship with Stiv Bators of the Dead Boys, so much so that the two were engaged for a time.

8)