Author Topic: Sideshow 12" question  (Read 1562 times)

tv horror

• Sergeant
  • I'm in two minds today!
Sideshow 12" question
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:40:57 PM »
Hello everybody, this is my first post and I must say that I am very impressed with all of your collections. I hope that someone can answer this question, why was there not a 12" Igor sideshow released?  The reason I am asking is that Sideshow brought out the line of Little big heads then the 8" range and in both these lines everyone had a 12" figure except Igor who only got a limited 8" line. Was this due to copyright or his estate I would be very interested in the answer, thanks.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
Re: Sideshow 12" question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:43:18 PM »
I can't tell you the reason why, but I can tell you there is no 12-inch Ygor.  Probably a combination of licensing and marketing considerations.
Raymond Castile

tv horror

• Sergeant
  • I'm in two minds today!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:04:36 AM »
Thank you Ray for the reply, do you know if Sideshow will ever make another monster figure or is this line now dead in the water.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:39:50 AM »
I don't know, but they seem to have shifted their emphasis to "premium format" display figures and statues.
Raymond Castile

roheimiana

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:17:16 AM »
I’ve always wondered about this too. Ygor had, of course, been produced as an 8-inch figure and all the other characters in this earlier series then went on to become 12-inchers as well. Also, if my memory is correct, the continuing poll which Sideshow conducted on their website indicated a strong customer demand for an Ygor.

I doubt licensing could be an issue because Lugosi Jr. seemed to be happy to give permission not just for a Dracula but also for several other 12-inch figures (Bela the Gypsy, Murder Legendre, the Frankenstein monster) which – to my prejudiced mind at least – are quite secondary to Ygor.

T’is a sad exclusion, for sure….