Favourite brands of soda pop!

Started by Hepcat, June 06, 2011, 01:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: Flower on June 09, 2011, 08:18:16 PM
^^^ You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing ...

"The prettiest girl I ever saw .. was sipping Hoffman's thru a straw"

I attempted to find a video of the jingle but failed.

There isn't too much written on Hoffman's other than what Elisabeth already posted.

Well I haven't been able to find the jingle but I did find an ad, a sign and cans:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: judd on June 10, 2011, 02:27:55 PM
It has a stronger taste and more flavor than the US version of Coke.  It is made with sugar cane and not high fructose corn syrup.  Basically it tastes like Coke did years ago.

Pepsi Throwback is made with sugar and I understand that it's supposed to taste like the Pepsi from days of yore.

Well I tried it and didn't like it. For one thing it tasted a bit sour. Worse yet it was flat compared to modern day Pepsi. The technology for keeping soda pop saturated with carbonation has improved dramatically over the past few decades.

:-\

Flower

Does anyone else remember an orange flavored drink called "Sun Dew"?

It came in a cardboard cylinder .. I can't find any images for Sun Dew .. I would buy it at Waldbaums in New York.

Btw ~ I like my soda pop without ice and love it that when you go to an A & W outlet that they don't plop ice into your drink.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

CreepysFan

Found this image while searching for soda bottles.  Perhaps put out by a certain UMA feline ?  Hep sodas came in Black Cherry, Grape, and Orange.  Possibly other flavors too.

" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Hepcat

Shhhhhhhh!!! I'm trying to keep that sidelight secret from Revenue Canada.

HARRY HAMMOCK

Cheerwine made with cane sugar.Coke man myself.Heartburn or indigestion a 6oz coke in a bottle does the trick.The cane sugar drinks taste so much better to me.Started buying cane sugar bags to sweeten my ice tea insted of granulated sugar.

CreepysFan

Quote from: HARRY HAMMOCK on June 20, 2011, 12:14:51 AM
   Heartburn or indigestion a 6oz coke in a bottle does the trick.
I use this same remedy with Orange Crush.

fmofmpls

My greatest carbonated addiction in life is TAB. Yes, I know, most people think this soda pop tastes like battery acid. And it probably does. But it flows through my veins with no apologies. 

TAB - it's my only weakness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

HARRY HAMMOCK

Yall remember Kick a poo Joy Juice?I loved that.Also I remember a drink call Cactus Cooler in a can I believe.

Hepcat

I never had a chance to taste it but I have a ten ounce bottle very similar to this one in my pop bottle collection.

8)

Flower

I wish that I had a chance to try Dr. Nut ...  :(

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

CreepysFan

I refuse to drink anything with whizz in the title.

Scatter

Quote from: CreepysFan on June 22, 2011, 09:01:14 PM
   [/left]
I refuse to drink anything with whizz in the title.

Especially if it's THAT color.

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Hepcat

CreepysFan

I've found this tin sign listed several times on ebay, but can't come across any bottles for Popeye soda.  Does anyone have any info on this beverage, and has anyone ever seen a bottle ?  I was wondering if this was a real beverage or a made up item just for the sign, so I'd know if I'm wasting my time searching for an old bottle.