TCM Drive-In Double Features For JUNE

Started by Monsters For Sale, June 02, 2011, 05:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshadow

I'm going to record Cyclops and Manster, neither of which I've seen. All the rest, I've seen before and feel no need to see again! Heck, when I was a kid KTLA showed Village of the Giants at least twice a year. That was two times too many.

charp13

Moonshadow, I've never seen Cyclops either, so I also need to get over to my dvr. I have no idea how Village of the Giants slipped past me all these years! But now that it's over, I can check it off my list.  And I will be processing it for the next few weeks.....because I'm not sure how I feel about it.  But the music was good!  :)

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: charp13 on June 16, 2011, 10:03:43 PM
Moonshadow, I've never seen Cyclops either, so I also need to get over to my dvr. I have no idea how Village of the Giants slipped past me all these years! But now that it's over, I can check it off my list.  And I will be processing it for the next few weeks.....because I'm not sure how I feel about it.  But the music was good!  :)

I didn't mind all the female wiggling around at first, but even that got tiresome after a while.

I perked up some at the end when I realized the production had left the Cloumbia backlot and staged their big finale at the "Hainsville Theatre" and between the Courthouse columns in Universal's Courthouse Square.

I always love seeing the Square in old movies.

ADAM

Gasport

Right you are, MFS...As hot as the girls were. i thought that awful dance sequence featuring the giants would NEVER end! Fun to see this again, but i don't need to do so again for a GOOD long time! Looking forward to Mars Needs Women [never seen it] and The Cyclops later. Will record those for sure!

Gasport

OOPS! Zsa Zsa just got unmasked in Queen of Outer Space...Talk about Pizza Face!

Unknown Primate

Half-a**** watching Queen Of Outer Space and just realised I saw it at the Drive-In when I was a little kid...  and I seem to remember that it scared me!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Monsters For Sale

I suspect this script was written by a man.
ADAM

FACTO2

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 16, 2011, 09:13:40 PMNote to Self:  Never watch Village of the Giants all the way through.  "Dig that nitty gritty!"  My head hurts.
:)  :)  :) Heh, heh, heh...
Groovy dance clip from "Village Of The Giants" [1965]
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

FACTO2

Quote from: Gasport on June 16, 2011, 10:51:13 PMOOPS! Zsa Zsa just got unmasked in Queen of Outer Space...Talk about Pizza Face!
Psssst...  The queen was played by Laurie Mitchell.  Zsa Zsa was the hot one with the white hair who sounded just like Arianna Huffington.   :)
John Tucky
X-O Facto
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I failed to make it all the way through "Village of the Giants" last night, even though the cast they gathered was amazing. I love how we know those teens are up to no good; those hooligans just want to dance all the time!

It's like an old person's vision of what "hooligans" do and look like. I love the car crash/ dance sequence. Those delinquents just get out of the car, turn on the radio and start getting groovy. Then it starts raining and turns into a full on Woodstock, mud wrestling orgy. It's like an evil "Footloose".

charp13

RRW- I will read every movie review that you ever write- from this point forward!!  Hahahahaha!!!  Darn kids and their Rock and Roll!  I watched the whole thing and I started dancing a couple times!!  :)  "orgy"............yeah I thought I was imagining things, but sheesh! There were wet clothes and cleavage everywhere! But it all worked out in the end. I know what I'm gonna do if I ever crash my car! PARTY!

Gasport

Quote from: FACTO2 on June 17, 2011, 09:03:25 AM
Psssst...  The queen was played by Laurie Mitchell.  Zsa Zsa was the hot one with the white hair who sounded just like Arianna Huffington.   :)

My bad, Facto...that's what i get for watching peripherally while on the computer! I stayed up until 3:30 last night to record both Mars Needs Women, [never saw this one before...turned out to be SO BAD i thought it would kill me!] & The Cyclops. So glad i now have a copy of the latter ,as i have such fond memories of watching this one back in the day on Chiller Theater here in NY with Zacherley hosting.

FACTO2

Things I learned last night on TCM...

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

Anyone from the 1950's turned into a giant, just turns into a transparent person.
1950's alien spaceships sound just like a 1950's atom bomb counting down.
Giant aliens need to shave their knuckles.
If you're a brunette who gets turned into a giant, you become a blond.
If Nancy Archer had just dumped her looser husband, she could have hooked up with Glen Manning and they would have lived happily ever after.
If you were a man in the 1950's you drank, smoked and tried to pick up loose women.  Wait a second, I did that last Friday night.

Village of the Giants

Quentin Tarantino is a fan of the movie.
Unless your movie is set in West Hollywood, your hero should never wear shorts and a shirt that shows his midriff (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Ron Howard has just gotta hate that this movie can still be seen by anyone.
If you say "Ouch" in slow motion... it's still silly.
We need a giant boob ride at Magic Mountain.

Queen of Outer Space

Anyone can borrow the costumes from Forbidden Planet.
Some Outer Space girls ARE easy.
Zsa Zsa Gabor actually was kinda hot.
Gene Rodenberry clearly watched QoOS way too many times.
Arianna Huffington is just doing a Zsa Zsa impression.

Mars Needs Women

Movies with Tommy Kirk put me to sleep.
Yvonne Craig really was hot.
Your male alien hero should NOT be dressed in a skin tight leather outfit.  Are we seeing a trend here with Tommy Kirk?

Cyclops

If your fiance is in a plane crash and disappears for three years, just collect the life insurance.
If you're the hero and you put out the monster's one good eye with a flaming spear, you're kind of just an a-hole.
Lon Chaney Jr. seems happiest when he's eating and drinking.
Giants like to collect toy planes.

Manster

Two heads aren't always better than one.
Never except a drink from a Mad Scientist unless he drinks first.
Living near a live volcano helps cut down on your gas bill.

Shrews

Okay, if you see a really good print it's a little better...  A little.
The phrase "Bad doggy" doesn't work on Shrews.
If you're the black guy left on the boat, you're toast.
John Tucky
X-O Facto

Unknown Primate

John, I'm gonna print that out and hang it on my fridge!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

FACTO2

John Tucky
X-O Facto