Favourite brands of bubble gum!

Started by Hepcat, April 09, 2011, 01:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

What are your three favourite brands of bubble gum? No sugar free brands allowed.

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Flower

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

CreepysFan

Double Bubble and Bazooka, then everything else.  I usually go for the regular bubble gum flavor, only rarely anything with other  flavor.  Buy Double Bubble by the big bag.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Pauspy

Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Therin of Andor

As kids, our favourite was called "Big Charlie", which was a thick, pink strip about 12" long. Lasted a looooooong time.

By the way, I'm famous in a chewing gum book:

http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/2007/05/discount-price-of-fame-forgotten.html

Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

CreepysFan

I got hooked on bubble gum while collecting Odd Rod and Wacky Packages cards.  Used to buy some called Rain-Blo which came in several flavors, but haven't seen that in years.  Double Bubble gum and Wonka's Bottle Cap candy are almost always on hand in this house.

Hepcat

Quote from: Pauspy on April 09, 2011, 07:51:47 PM
Bazooka and Thrills!!  :D

Yes, Thrills, hard core kids' gum! Made by O-Pee-Chee of London, Ontario which is as well known for the hockey cards it produced for decades as for its confections but now carrying the Willy Wonka trademark as well!

I agree that Thrills are scrumptious but it's pretty tough to match bubbles like these with Thrills:

Quote from: Therin of Andor on April 10, 2011, 12:35:06 AM

I'll take you on in a bubble gum blowing contest anytime!

;)

Hepcat

Quote from: CreepysFan on April 10, 2011, 02:44:29 AM
Used to buy some called Rain-Blo which came in several flavors, but haven't seen that in years.

Mmmmmm! They're gumballs made by Leaf. Better than Dubble Bubble multi-coloured gumballs which are comparatively flavourless.

8)

Inkfink

Anybody remember the gritty, grape flavored gum that came with the 1965 Donruss King Kong trading cards? I think the artificial purple dyed sugar flavor bomb permanently altered my brain!

Hepcat

The Donruss King Kong cards unfortunately had very limited distribution due to licencing problems so few others were lucky enough to share your experience.

:(

Pauspy

Quote from: CreepysFan on April 10, 2011, 02:44:29 AM
I got hooked on bubble gum while collecting Odd Rod and Wacky Packages cards.  Used to buy some called Rain-Blo which came in several flavors, but haven't seen that in years.  Double Bubble gum and Wonka's Bottle Cap candy are almost always on hand in this house.

That was good too-do you still have many Wacky Packages stickers? I have about 73, with a few duplicates if you want to trade  :D
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

Inkfink

Quote from: Hepcat on April 10, 2011, 01:19:00 PM
The Donruss King Kong cards unfortunately had very limited distribution due to licencing problems so few others were lucky enough to share your experience.

:(

Maybe it wasn't the licensing but, the chemical poisoning that did the series in. You're not supposed to see purple stars when chewing gum, right?

Scatter

Quote from: Therin of Andor on April 10, 2011, 12:35:06 AM
As kids, our favourite was called "Big Charlie", which was a thick, pink strip about 12" long. Lasted a looooooong time.

http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/2007/05/discount-price-of-fame-forgotten.html

You really get around for an illegal alien!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Flower

I used to like bubblegum cigarettes ...

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

CreepysFan

Quote from: Pauspy on April 10, 2011, 05:17:30 PM
That was good too-do you still have many Wacky Packages stickers? I have about 73, with a few duplicates if you want to trade  :D

Still have em, series 1 - 10 complete and most of series 11 and 12.   I can list my duplicates and pm you, do you have duplicates from 11th series up ?