Showcase your monster cards here!

Started by Hepcat, April 08, 2011, 02:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

The Insult Postcards are a fantastic set! Great artwork! I'm still looking for the wrapper.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

dlhenderson

These are the "apparition" cards from the early 60's game "Alfred Hitchcock presents WHY".
More of a curiosity than real monster stuff...

Hepcat

Quote from: MonolithI felt like I was looking into the forbidden world of adults.

Well then now that you're an adult you might want to look into these two great books that are about the artwork found in men's adventure magazines with that of Norm Saunders prominently featured including on the cover:

8)

MDG

Quote from: dlhenderson on April 27, 2011, 06:48:36 PM
These are the "apparition" cards from the early 60's game "Alfred Hitchcock presents WHY".
More of a curiosity than real monster stuff...

Those are really neat! Love that cartoony style!
MDG

Monolith

Hepcat--- I have the IT'S A MAN'S WORLD book, it's fantastic. Don't have the other one yet, though.

poseablemonster

Here are some old Supermonstruos Cards from South America:

Monolith

Wow! Those South American cards are really great!

dlhenderson

I've always lusted after those green bordered Horror Monster cards. Never snagged any though. :/

Monolith

I've got a bunch of these Toho monster cards. They're small and printed on thick card stock. I think they're from the '80's.

They came in paper envelopes that look like this...

CreepysFan

Monolith I especially like the Mothra and Baragon ones.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on May 15, 2011, 07:30:21 AM
I've got a bunch of these Toho monster cards. They're small and printed on thick card stock. I think they're from the '80's.

They came in paper envelopes that look like this...

I'm assuming these were marketed to kids and sold in the Japanese version of convenience stores. Was a complete set included in each envelope? If not, how many came in an envelope? Did they have numbers on the back? 

???

Monolith

They only came with three cards per envelope. On the back is writing all in Japanese. I can't remember if they are numbered or not, I'll have to check.

Hepcat

Here are a couple up close scans of a few of my Outer Limits cards:

cl:)

Monolith

I love those Outer Limits cards! I have a few originals, too.

Hepcat

By "originals" do you mean the original art?

???

Quote from: dlhenderson on April 27, 2011, 12:54:54 AMThe Spook Stories cards were a huge part of my Monster Kid past. I remember buying dozens of those packs. Do you have any of the stickers? My first posts on the UMA consisted of my obsessively meticulous reproductions of those, via PhotoShop painting. I'll see if I can rustle up some of those...

Here then are more detailed scans of some of my Spook Stories cards, stickers and wrappers:

The Spook Stories were the first non-sport cards I collected aggressively as a kid.

tynhrt