Author Topic: Universal monster collector In missouri SICK of ebay crap!!  (Read 4757 times)

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
Re: Universal monster collector In missouri SICK of ebay crap!!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »
A few quick examples-

I was trying to win a set of the first Jack in the Box monsters, since I passed on them originally, a couple of days ago.  They ended up going for around $28.00 (Including shipping, I always including shipping when I consider bidding!).  I had quit bidding on them since another set was listed just a few days before the first ended and I ended up winning them for $15.95, which was the opening bid of $9.95+shipping cost.

I also recently picked up an Aurora Frankenstein for $17.84 (Again that includes shipping.) well under what I've seen them go for lately.

Finally with some luck I happened to find a loose but mint Wolfman Pozer that a seller had just listed for a buy it now of $13.00+$9.50 so I jumped on it since I never picked one up when they came out.  Currently there is a Wolfman Pozer with 4 days to go selling for $21.50 and usually I've seen these go in the 40's!

Ebay it's like a roller coaster ride of joy and frustration!

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »
I've gotten some fantastic deals on 60s monster toys in just the last 30 days.  By the time I pay it all off, the interest might erode some of my "savings," but I think I'll still come out ahead.  I might sell a couple things in May to help pay for these purchases. It's been at least a year, maybe two years since I sold anything on ebay, or sold anything, period.  I agree with Bobby that the stimulus checks are going to create a seller-friendly market on ebay for a few weeks.  Good time to sell, bad time to buy.

I've got to save my money for September/October when all the Topstones, Telcos, Gurley candles, Oh Lantern pumpkins and Imagineering makeup hits ebay.  That's my busy buying season.

Raymond Castile

mjaycox

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 11:32:59 PM »
[quote author=raycastile link=topic=1287.msg20338#msg20338 date=1209614141

I've got to save my money for September/October when all the Topstones, Telcos, Gurley candles, Oh Lantern pumpkins and Imagineering makeup hits ebay.  That's my busy buying season.

[/quote]

Don't forget the soon-to-be on Ebay official MAGE toy releases of "The WolfMan in: House of Frankenstein", and "I was a Teenage  Frankenstein," and finally "Boris Karloff in The Raven" All are 8" Mego style figures. All sales will go to directly benefit the UMA toy tour. All will be on Ebay in the next couple of weeks. Keep watching! How could you pass them up, Raymond?

Beast witches,

Matt Jaycox
UMA medic
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

Lugosifan1

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 06:51:48 AM »
Hey Guys, i'am curious about these , but have really no info on them, is there a thread on these, I want to jump on this early. Are there many more figures coming, or some that i may have missed . Please let me know, very interested. Mario
Best, Mario

mjaycox

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 07:03:15 AM »
Hey Guys, i'am curious about these , but have really no info on them, is there a thread on these, I want to jump on this early. Are there many more figures coming, or some that i may have missed . Please let me know, very interested. Mario

No. There are only three. They are custom made figures that I am selling as a fundraising maneuver for the UMA. They will go on Ebay. I make custom 8" style Mego monster figures. There are pics floating around on the internet. If you go back in the pages of this message forum you will see pics of a custom Coffin Joe I did, and a custom Aurora James Bama Wolfman. 

Once these three are gone, that will be it. My previous post was made tongue firmly in cheek.

Best,

Matt Jaycox
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
I can say that it is unusual for Matt to sell any of his creations.  They are true works of art, with great attention to detail that only a true monster affecionado could create.  I have seen the three figures that will eventually be going up for auction, and they are amazing.  The winners of those figures will be very pleased. 

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 02:03:35 AM »
Matt's work is the best.  They are not "fake toys."  They are pop art, worth owning for their own sake.  Coffin Joe himself was very impressed with Matt's interpretation of him:

Raymond Castile

Nicole

• Sergeant
  • MALDITO!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 03:46:59 AM »
Coffin Joe himself was very impressed with Matt's interpretation of him:

It's easy to see why. Matt's Coffin Joe is a superb piece of work.

Say, Raymond, why don't you bring this little guy to Wonderfest with you? I would really like to get a better look at him. In fact, I'll even be so kind as to watch him for you while you're off manning the display. Isn't that generous of me? ;)
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 07:03:50 AM »
An offer to babysit lil' Coffin Joe?  You could be biting off more than you can chew! ;) :D

SHADOWMANN

• Private First Class
  • The Monster Craze of the 60's...never wore off....
    • Shadowmann2008
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 11:31:41 PM »
I love that you can get anything you want on e-Bay but e-Bay does Not care if you get screwed.  They claim they are just a platform. They have rules that only insure money gets in their hands and the other rules are just fluff and not enforced.  It's a cool place when you find people you can trust . PayPal has screwed me really bad twice and I doubt I use them anymore. They are an e-bay company that is more like a Cold robot and cares less about you than their Mother company. I'm on e-Bay every day though..their the biggest. I wish someone better will get the market with humans involved...well honest, caring humans, Just ma pinoin. ShadowmanN
ShadowmanN - Shoot me if I ever grow up