Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzlaveau

I want all of you talented types to take advantage of the new forum and post your art.

Linda, Mike, John, Terry B., Baron Timothy and the rest of you lurking visually oriented types, get busy!

Here are my recent drawings.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21498445((*at*))N04/2084874312/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21498445((*at*))N04/2084868624/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21498445((*at*))N04/2084866102/

I welcome feedback.

typhooforme

Jane,
I'll toss in one I did many years ago when I had a brief fling with the Rapidograph pen.  It's one of the few pieces of my own art that I still have--so many went to other homes over the years.  This is a traditional stippling technique, done one darn dot at a time!  lol  It's also over in the gallery at the official Karloff site.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Illoman

I really like the Peter Lorre. It has a very nice feel to it. The looseness of the sketch is wonderful!

Great job!!

Mike

Illoman

The only ones I have done lately are the three I did for Keith LuBrant. The images I posted at another site did not have their final coat of varnish, which you have to apply because the turpentine dulls the colors as it dries. The following images were photographed after the final varnishing, and the colors are a bit more vibrant. I hope no one minds my posting them again.
Mike

mzlaveau

Yay! More, more!

I like that drawing very much, Robert. Today I made an experiment. My second attempt at an apple head doll. This one will be Ardeth Bey. I'll post pics soon, and more as it dries.

Mike, I posted things I've previously posted, so don't fret. I think we should have a place to show off in our new digs ;)

I'm glad you like Dr. Gogol, I think that is my favorite so far.

gracebuster

Sorry to say, that I can't add to this thread, but I love looking. Keep em' coming!

Inkfink

Now that I figured out how to embed images, here are two for the art gallery...

A Universal Monsters roller coaster painting I did awhile back:

And my latest painting looks like some sort of sailor from Popeye's homeland or as a friend, Ellis Coombs, described it, "Being an ex nuke submarine sailor, The Sea Devil, a fast attack boat out of Norfolk, scrapped in the 90's, we used to follow the russkies around. That to me looks like a Russian Nuke Sub Sailor, their reactor shielding wasn't that good & after a few years, thats what you get!!!"

typhooforme

Omigosh, John--that roller coaster ride (which makes me think of Vinnie Price and how much he loved what he called "rollie coasters") is tremendous!  The Creature with his claws raised high in the air!  Priceless image.  Made me laugh out loud.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Illoman

John, Basil Wolverton would be proud!!

Mike

fmofmpls

Quote from: mzlaveau on December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM
I welcome feedback.

Jane, you certainly have artistic talent. Keep developing this talent of yours. Your well on your way!

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

Quote from: Inkfink on December 04, 2007, 05:38:31 PM
A Universal Monsters roller coaster painting I did awhile back:

Great stuff John as always! This uni-monster roller coaster artwork of yours needs to be the basis for a new theme park ride at Universal Studios! If only they could see things as we do.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

poseablemonster

Jane,
I really like your Peter Lorre! 
Andy

poseablemonster

Mike - I like that Wolfman more every time I see it!  You really nailed the eyes on that one.

John - I've admired your work for years - growing up with PLOP comics as one of my favorites I can't help but love your work.  The roller coaster is a hoot! 

Thanks for the pics!
Andy

Meek

Elder Robert: I had a long and meaningful relationship with a Rapidograph pen whent I was into Pointalism, the only problem was that tattooing illustration board took a very, very long time. If I can find
some of my old works I'll see if I can figure out how to post them here---there's some gargoyles and Olivier as "Hamlet" having a chat with Yorick and a scene from "The Elephant Man".

"Meek"(with a Point in life)

Jane,
I'll toss in one I did many years ago when I had a brief fling with the Rapidograph pen.  It's one of the few pieces of my own art that I still have--so many went to other homes over the years.  This is a traditional stippling technique, done one darn dot at a time!  lol  It's also over in the gallery at the official Karloff site.

[/quote]
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

mzlaveau

Thanks so much Terry, Andy and our illustrious Dr. Shocker!

John, the roller coaster painting is awesome. I love the coloring in Frank's face, and the sort of, "oh crap, here we go" look on the Wolfman. I am familiar with that look, right Maxie?

If anyone hasn't checked out Meek's art yet, (fie and for shame!) get on over to my dear Maxie's blog and check out some more of her incredible, mind blowing work.

www.drunkenseveredhead.blogspot.com

I'm headed out to Florida tomorrow, (Dad's birthday) so I'll have limited computer access. See y'all soon!