Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmares in plastic

I was busy recently and now I can show off some stuff:

Just finished a few days ago: A relaunch of the old BLACK BOOK DETECTIVE Pulp magazine's character "the Black Bat" for a German Publisher.
He was around even before Batman and was one of Bob Kane's inspirations among others. I used an Batman modelkit by sculptor Alterton  as a reference for lightning & posing.

This scene was done for KreatureKid Adam Doherthy, it's based on his CWAU Modelkit he did for XO-Facto....

This is the movie poster for German Schockmeister Joerg Buttgereit's new flick CAPTAIN BERLIN versus HITLER.

A stageplay, filmed with multiple cameras and garnished with cheesy SPFX it looks sometimes like an Al Adamson movie, but its much funnier! A kind of  spoof like "They saved Hilters Brain"...here is the english Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVd2qV2Csis

Hope you'll like them....

I'm also part now of the Blogsphere: http://engelsuniverse.blogspot.com/
You're invited to follow me and your comments are appreciated!

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

ARTMAN666

thats a really nice piece of work, nice color and lighting, very impressive

Scatter

Quote from: ChrisW on May 09, 2009, 08:32:35 PM
Here's the full figure. This is the first version of this particular image.

DAMMIT CHRIS!! You owe me $225.97. I just drooled all over my keyboard and ruined it. What an awesome piece of art!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

michblk

Awesome work to both Chris and Nightmare! 

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Illoman

Wonderful, wonderful work Nightmares!!! Really great stuff in different styles.

Mike

Scary Terry

Great job, Chris!  The light/shadow effect is particularly nice, as are the details of the wooden barrel and door and the textures of the stone wall.

I see you've had to use the official Universal color guide -- hence the green jacket and brown pants.  Those folks are just plain silly on that count -- but you've made it work by keeping the color subtle.  Bravo!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

ChrisW

Thanks again for the comments. Terry, yea, the color guide was a big consideration.
Rainer - GREAT stuff. The Captain Berlin cover/poster is a knock out (pun intended)! Its wonderful how it is so reminiscent of golden age comics.

ChrisW

I threatened to open up the vault (ugh!) and dredge up some old art. Here's the first examples. I was approached to do art for a movie convention in Baltimore back in 1984. I did these, but don't know if they were ever used, or if there even WAs a Fanex convention in Baltimore in '84! I do know I was never paid, but luckily was smart enough to keep the originals, giving the promoter photostats of the art. The art was ink and black grease pencil on coquille board. I always liked the shading and texture you could get from that combination...

ChrisW

Ok, here's one more. I worked on Don Dohler's movie, Night Beast, back in 1978 or '79. I should say I worked on the first interation which ran out of time and money. all that remained of my 6 months involvement was some footage of me being blasted by a laser beam. Anyway, I did all kinds of things, including sample posters. This was a rough done in pastels on mat board. I always liked it and kept it with me all these years...

ChrisW

I promise this is the last one!
This was done back in 1975 or 76, and was (I think) the first airbrush art I ever did. I had read a paperback book "Creatures From the Inner Sphere" and as a school project made this piece to go on top of a POP display.

Illoman

Quote from: ChrisW on May 23, 2009, 03:52:08 PM
I threatened to open up the vault (ugh!) and dredge up some old art. Here's the first examples. I was approached to do art for a movie convention in Baltimore back in 1984. I did these, but don't know if they were ever used, or if there even WAs a Fanex convention in Baltimore in '84! I do know I was never paid, but luckily was smart enough to keep the originals, giving the promoter photostats of the art. The art was ink and black grease pencil on coquille board. I always liked the shading and texture you could get from that combination...

I really like this! It has that Mort Drucker/Jack Davis feel to it. Great work!

Mike

Scatter

Quote from: ChrisW on May 23, 2009, 04:03:33 PM
I promise this is the last one!

THAT sort of mutiny can get you dishonorably discharged from this man's Army soldier. YOU are assigned by the General to dazzle us with your artwork and thereby elevate morale.

You WILL perform your duties soldier.

Now. POST. MORE. (please?? pretty please??)

As you were.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

mike c

Hear! Hear! I'm with Scatter on this one... whaddya mean 'I promise this is the last one'? Dem's fightin' woids.

Keep it all coming. I wish I had more to share myself; haven't been at the art desk in a while. Shame on me.

Mike C.

Scary Terry

I hope it's OK to mention in this thread that I've put a whole bunch of my Scary Monsters cover paintings up for sale in the classifieds.  Trying to raise some bucks for a down payment on a house so our little Kirby can have some room to grow.  We've outgrown our current apartment. Please have a look.
http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=4504.msg69355#msg69355

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Inkfink

Quote from: Scatter on May 23, 2009, 05:52:46 PM
THAT sort of mutiny can get you dishonorably discharged from this man's Army soldier. YOU are assigned by the General to dazzle us with your artwork and thereby elevate morale.

You WILL perform your duties soldier.

Now. POST. MORE. (please?? pretty please??)

As you were.

I agree! Post some more!