Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterArt

Those are pencils, Mike, but I've done quite a lot of charcoal.

And Meek, I kinda like the idea of O.P. Heggie as Father Christmas. I'm glad you enjoyed the Sketchy Things books.

The website is http://www.sketchythings.com. There are pages for caricature, oils and charcoals. Take a look when you get a chance.

Frank

fmofmpls

Greetings Frank! So happy to see you here at the UMA. I'm a huge fan of your art. Love the whimsical style you bring to the monsters! It's been an equal pleasure in speaking with you at the cons too. Please do feel free to share as much as you'd like here Frank. I know I'm all eyes!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

Here's a wonderful pencil drawing that was gifted to me by UMA member "Mombie". Sheila knew of my long time infatuation with Helen Chandler and picked up a #2 pencil to capture her incredible beauty.

Illoman

Here's my latest commission, done for our own Keith LuBrant. This one was a lot of fun!!

Mike

The Drunken Severed Head

Welcome Frank! So glad to see you here!

CreepyJeff

Quote from: Illoman on January 06, 2008, 11:09:33 PM
Here's my latest commission, done for our own Keith LuBrant. This one was a lot of fun!!

Mike

Wow, Mike - I may be particular to this character but I do believe he is your best classic monster piece so far.  Say you have prints available of him????

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

The Phantom Creep

Wow that London After Midnight is amazing! Great job!!
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Nicole

Wow, all of this beautiful artwork is making me want to draw some monster art too. Fabulous work guys, keep it up! ;D
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

Illoman

Quote from: CreepyJeff on January 07, 2008, 05:32:52 AM
Wow, Mike - I may be particular to this character but I do believe he is your best classic monster piece so far.  Say you have prints available of him????

Creepy Jeff

Jeff, thanks for your comments, but no, due to the fair use law I am permitted to produce one work of art based on a painting, but not to produce prints from that same piece.

Mike

typhooforme

Quote from: fmofmpls on January 06, 2008, 05:52:27 PM
Greetings Frank! So happy to see you here at the UMA. I'm a huge fan of your art. Love the whimsical style you bring to the monsters! It's been an equal pleasure in speaking with you at the cons too. Please do feel free to share as much as you'd like here Frank. I know I'm all eyes!

My friend Frank!  Were your ears burning?  You've been talked about here!  Welcome, warm welcome.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

fmofmpls

Mike, that London after 12:00 am is simply amazing! You never cease to amaze me with your talent. Man, I wish I could paint like that. Unfortunately, my painting skills (or lack thereof) are better left to painting houses.

Illoman

Terry, thanks very much for the kind words. Much appreciated.

See, you're one up on me: I can't paint houses worth a darn!

Mike

Meek

Pardon my tardiness Mike, but this painting is top drawer---your color choice implies menace and do I like a healthy dose of menace in a painting.
    So once again, my college art instructor's theory about paintings not causing the viewer any feelings has been shot squarely in the arse.

Take that, Mr. Williams!

"Meek"(when you nod your head I'll hit it)
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

Illoman

Quote from: Meek on January 08, 2008, 05:01:01 PM
    Pardon my tardiness Mike, but this painting is top drawer---your color choice implies menace and do I like a healthy dose of menace in a painting.
    So once again, my college art instructor's theory about paintings not causing the viewer any feelings has been shot squarely in the arse.

Take that, Mr. Williams!

"Meek"(when you nod your head I'll hit it)

Meek, I always appreciate a fellow artisan chiming on on my work.

Thanks,
Mike

monsterphile

Quote from: Illoman on January 06, 2008, 11:09:33 PM

Mike

I just visited my friend Keith this past weekend and was able to see the other paintings that he got from you Mike.    He mentioned that this was to be the next painting from you.  Firstly, can I just say that seeing your work in person is even more amazing.  he's going to be blown away by this latest one.  It is really FM cover-worthy.  I'm jealous.

Rob