Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareee

Inkfink

The Yeti could replace my alarm clock!

Illoman

Here's my latest. He's actually darker than this pic shows, and I'm disappointed you can't really see the brushwork, but it's the best I can do with a digital camera:

Thanks,

Mike

hammett1

Simply beautiful.  Would love to see the original. Very fine work.  Thank you for sharing.  Peace.
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

Illoman

Thanks, Hammett1! I appreciate it.

Mike

Nightmares in plastic

You took your first try on that motive a big step further - I love it!

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

Illoman

Thanks, Rainer. Yeah, that first one was more of a quickly painted study of the photo. Just feeling out the picture as it were. This one took a whole lot more time and effort.

Mike

Inkfink

Now that is magazine cover material!

Gasport

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, Mike!  Love those crystal clear blue eyes highlighted by the band of light... JUST BEAUTIFUL.  Congrats,
                                              Mike G

Illoman

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate it. I wanted to do a definitive (for me) Bela. I think I came close.

Mike

dlhenderson

Well done, Mike!
It's easy to screw up the classics, but you nailed it.

Gareee

Quote from: dlhenderson on April 14, 2009, 06:58:37 PM
Well done, Mike!
It's easy to screw up the classics, but you nailed it.

Someone should send this to all the idiots trying to "reimagine" old films and tv shows.

hammett1

Quote from: Gareee on April 14, 2009, 07:37:35 PM
Someone should send this to all the idiots trying to "reimagine" old films and tv shows.

It is truly sad to see so many re-makes of classic old films and television shows that are just POORLY DONE.  The films that truly pay homage to their inspiration are few and far between.  Mike, you have caught what, for me, makes Lugosi's Dracula the best:  HIS EYES.  Once again, my congratulations on this fine painting.  Peace.
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Gillman-Fan

Here's one I did a while back. I'm currently working on a similar portrait as we speak.