Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillman-Fan

Here's my take on the classic Topstone "Vampire Girl":

Illoman

Much as I like these in color, they look *incredible* in black and white!!! You should Photoshop this ad into an old FM page!!

Mike

Gillman-Fan

Thanks, Mike . . . that's the response I was looking for! The black and white line art that I do for these first pretty much can stand on it's own without all the color that gets added later.

The ad layout was inspired by the old t-shirt ads that Ed "Big Daddy" Roth used to put out in the '60's. I think it's pretty effective.

Illoman

Gillman-Fan

Only time will tell. That ad hits the stands in August . . . hopefully sales will increase around the Halloween season.

Scary Terry

That ad is a work of art in and of itself.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

RICKH

I agree! I love the retro vibe of the ad.  For some reason the Topstone Vampire Girl isn't showing up.  Is it just me?
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Gillman-Fan

I'm seeing the Topstone Vampire Girl just fine . . . let me know if there's still some confusion surrounding this.

-J

RICKH

Sorry, it must just be my computer. I went to the web site where all the shirts are shown and I could see it there.  As always, amazing work! She's my favorite Topstone.
Rick
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Wicked Lester

Cool,more great work.
Jeff,love that Topstone Vampi girl.

Gillman-Fan

Here's another batch of random cartoons that I've done in support of Chicago horror host SVENGOOLIE!

Depending on what movie he shows that week, I try and do something topical:

Scatter

Those cartoons ROCK!! You are one talented individual.........and you KNOW how that irks me.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Gillman-Fan

Thanks for the compliment Scatter . . . if it's any consolation, I'm a complete failure as a human being.

Scatter

Quote from: Gillman-Fan on June 18, 2010, 03:07:26 AM
Thanks for the compliment Scatter . . . if it's any consolation, I'm a complete failure as a human being.

Somehow, I doubt that. Which,BTW, significantly mitigates how much your talent irks me.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Gillman-Fan

Well, just to add insult to injury . . . here are some more.