Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepyJeff

Heff Gillman-Fan Jeff - cool shout out to you from Svenghouli last night during "The Blob".  One of Sven's favorite artists as he called you.  Glad to have you as one of our own!
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Gillman-Fan

Yeah, I saw that! The poster I did that he showed was really old . . . I wonder how long ago they taped that episode? Maybe it was a repeat from last year or something.

frankenthing

There's some really stunning work here.......  Glad I was directed to this forum. There's so many forums and subforums it's a bit overwhelming...

I'm a painter and also do some sculpting and have been making custom action figures for over ten years. Here's a recent one, Sir Graves, the Detroit Horror Host when I was growing up. Am working on a new outfit for him as these are borrowed clothes.........

Illoman

Frankenthing, very nice sculpt. Please post some of your other work, including your paintings. I'd like to see them.

Thanks,
Mike

frankenthing

Quote from: Illoman on June 07, 2010, 03:55:43 PM
Frankenthing, very nice sculpt. Please post some of your other work, including your paintings. I'd like to see them.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank you Mike..... Here are a couple more custom figures....   and my paintings mostly are not horror related although I might have some pics of some horror expressionistic woodcuts I did... will check...

killers from space

closet monster from Brain that Wouldn't Die

Cyclops (Craig--- 50s)

I have a photo gallery at flickr with action figure work and resin horror kits I paint for folks here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/polyfab/

Will see about the woodcuts.....

thanks for indulging me Mike ;-)

Illoman

Holy cow, Batman!!! Your stuff is great!!! I love the Dr Phil!! What a riot! ;D  Do you make those custom boxes as well? Nice work.

What do you use to make the magnets and the little figures? The Daredevils you made look really nice. And the Space Ghost.

You don't have to publish just monster paintings here. Here's one of mine that's not monster-related:

Thanks for sharing your talent, and all I can say is "More!!"

Mike

frankenthing

Quote from: Illoman on June 07, 2010, 04:41:25 PM
Holy cow, Batman!!! Your stuff is great!!! I love the Dr Phil!! What a riot! ;D  Do you make those custom boxes as well? Nice work.

What do you use to make the magnets and the little figures? The Daredevils you made look really nice. And the Space Ghost.

You don't have to publish just monster paintings here. Here's one of mine that's not monster-related:

Thanks for sharing your talent, and all I can say is "More!!"

Thank you... I think the magnets you are referring to our heads I got off of eBay. I'm not sure who sculpted those.....    Thanks for the compliment...

Thanks for posting your painting too....  Nice work and I like the way you captured the light and the five o'clock shadow.........  Is it oil?  Got a gallery online??????????

thanks.... look forward to seeing more and also to spending time here....

Mike

lappys22

Great action figures. That may be the first Cyclops ever done. Keep up the good work!

frankenthing

Quote from: lappys22 on June 07, 2010, 05:03:15 PM
Great action figures. That may be the first Cyclops ever done. Keep up the good work!

Thank you much. That was one of the first customs I did about ten years ago...

Here are the woodcuts... they are intended to look like German expressionist woodcuts--- very minimal and raw:

This is a Christopher Lee Frank that I never finished --- a painting----  Very impressionistic:

Illoman

Thanks for the nice comments. No, I don't have a gallery online, but have one on Facebook. I also have a blog here:

http://peelthepaint-mike.blogspot.com/

I like the Chris Lee. Keep working on it.

The woodcuts are very nice as well.

Mike

Illoman

Okay, here's my latest, Boris and Glenn. It's for sale over in the classifieds.

Thanks,
Mike

I am the Female Dracula

Mike, it's not right how good you are. It's just not possible. Do you paint over photographs or something?

Seriously though, that is phenomal... i don't know how to spell it, but you know what I mean!
"Supernatural? Perhaps. Baloney? Perhaps not. There are many things under the sun...."

Illoman

Thank you Female Drac! I appreciate the kind words.

Mike

lappys22

RICKH

Mike, the Karloff, Strange painting is phenomenal!  I used spell check  ;D.   Keep up the great work I always enjoy seeing your work.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)