Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Yeah, I agree, great job. Really like your use of colors on this one.

Mike

shiverbones

Thanks! Hard not to go psychedelic on a Mushroom painting.  >:D
Poe! You are Avenged!

dlhenderson

Quote from: Wicked Lester on May 29, 2010, 11:20:17 PM
This is just to see where you all are at with your art and ownership. I have probably 50 pics that I change around on my desk top from ya all. I also have prob 4 dozen resized pix I printed out on my Kodak printer. I just want to make sure people are cool with this and don't get pissed when I show pics of my monster rooms and you see YOUR art on My wall in a 8x 11 format. I really appreciate your talents and don't want anyone to feel they were "ripped off"  8)

That's OK by me, even though I haven't posted in a while (other than that hideous clown a few weeks ago). About a year ago a nice fella from Universal requested a higher rez pic of my version of "creech" for a screensaver on his Mac Cinema Display monitor at work. I sent him the file and he kindly reciprocated with some ultra hi rez original vintage Creature material. Then a few months ago a young man from an eastern european country found some of my work through a site devoted to magic mushrooms (?!) and requested a slightly larger file so that he could print it for his room. I made that available to him. As long as someone isn't taking cred for the work, or runnin' 'em off to sell, I'm cool with others enjoying my work.

Illoman

Quote from: dlhenderson on June 03, 2010, 11:45:54 AM
That's OK by me, even though I haven't posted in a while (other than that hideous clown a few weeks ago).

Funny you should mention that, DL. I was about to ask if you had anything new to post. It's been too long since we've seen your amazing artwork.

Mike

Scatter

Quote from: Illoman on June 03, 2010, 01:12:12 PM
Funny you should mention that, DL. I was about to ask if you had anything new to post. It's been too long since we've seen your amazing artwork.

Mike

Agreed............and the same goes for you too Mike.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Illoman

Thanks, Scatter. Nice of you to say that. I'm working on a piece right now. Did you see my Vincent Price portrait? That's the last thing I've done.

Mike

Scatter

Quote from: Illoman on June 03, 2010, 09:57:21 PM
Thanks, Scatter. Nice of you to say that. I'm working on a piece right now. Did you see my Vincent Price portrait? That's the last thing I've done.

Mike

I did, and I believe I commented. It's superb!!

Illoman

dlhenderson

Thanks for those nice words, you guys. I fear that I'm becoming the "Kubrick of charcoal", not necessarily in quality but in quantity. I've been gestating the work for longer periods of time. In the next few days I'll try to gets some posts together with some of my sketches, which far outnumber the finished pieces. Cheers!

Unknown Primate

Thought some of you would get a kick out of this.  I found this photo as I was going through my stuff the other day.  It's from around 1974-75.  I made this 8' BIGFOOT for Halloween.  The smaller guy is my younger brother, who was probably 13 or 14 at the time.  Hope you enjoy it!

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Illoman

That's awesome! A heck of a lot of work, I'm sure. What's it made out of?

Mike

Scatter

MonkeyBoy........the photo has been deleted. You KNOW better than to tease a fellow simian over my favorite crypto-creature :-\

Unknown Primate

Quote from: Scatter on June 05, 2010, 01:32:13 AM
MonkeyBoy........the photo has been deleted. You KNOW better than to tease a fellow simian over my favorite crypto-creature :-\

Sorry 'bout that!  I finally got around to creating more albums on my photobucket account, and forgot they delete them when you move them to a different album.  Gonna have to check some of my earlier pics now!

Quote from: Illoman on June 05, 2010, 12:38:08 AM
That's awesome! A heck of a lot of work, I'm sure. What's it made out of?

Mike

I think it was just cardboard taped together from some boxes I dug out of a dumpster, ;D!  Hopefully, my artistic ability has improved since then, coz I'm planning on making one out of plywood - and much scarier!  About this same time frame, I made a 7 foot tall DEVIL, complete with a long, flowing robe and a pitchfork.  I used florescent paint on him, so he looked very wicked under a black light.  I gave it to a friend of mine for his "party" room.  He kept it about 8 months until he started going back to church...  then he burned it...  kind of fitting, I suppose!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Gillman-Fan

Vintage Bigfoot stuff . . . ya' gotta love it!

Scatter

Quote from: Gillman-Fan on June 05, 2010, 07:00:20 PM
Vintage Bigfoot stuff . . . ya' gotta love it!

Yup.........I love anything Bigfoot related.