Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillman-Fan

shiverbones

Quote from: Scary Terry on May 18, 2010, 08:28:48 PM
Shiverbones:  All your work is impressive -- but I LOVE that retro-looking die-cut!  Fantastic!

Thanks Terry! I've always admired your work, so that is nice to hear!
Poe! You are Avenged!

shiverbones

Quote from: RICKH on May 18, 2010, 07:38:03 PM
I can't tell you guys how much I enjoy this site.  I look forward to seeing what everyone has contributed each day, heck it's one of the highlights of my evenings.  I particularly love the artwork that is posted in this section.  I'm hesitant to show my meager endeavors, but I'll put up a couple that you guys have inspired over the last few weeks.  I have a Lugosi painting that's almost done...I've got to do a little work on the background and then I'll post it[http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/729/img1429u.jpg][http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7861/img1430d.jpg]

Nice stuff Rick! Keep 'em coming!
Poe! You are Avenged!

Gillman-Fan

Any interest in an UNCLE FORRY illustration/transfer in the "Mani-Yack" style?

CreepyJeff

Quote from: Gillman-Fan on May 20, 2010, 01:41:28 PM
Any interest in an UNCLE FORRY illustration/transfer in the "Mani-Yack" style?
Hell yes!  You must present one to Joe Moe however.  And I hope these transfers can make their way to a series of posters or stickers.  Amazing talent you are. 
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Gillman-Fan

Thanks, CJ! I've never met Joe Moe but I'd be happy to send some free Forry swag his way.

I am working on some non-transfer/t-shirt applications for this art but nothing has solidified yet.

Gillman-Fan

Well, here's the line art for my "Uncle Forry" piece:

I'd love to hear everyones feedback on this one. What finished color should he be?

fmofmpls

I love it! Great work Jeff. One thing though .. please remove the "e" in Forry.  ;)
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Gillman-Fan

Weird. I caught and corrected that but the revised art is not showing up.

Any thoughts on what color scheme would suit him best?

shiverbones

Quote from: Illoman on December 04, 2007, 12:47:39 AM
The only ones I have done lately are the three I did for Keith LuBrant. The images I posted at another site did not have their final coat of varnish, which you have to apply because the turpentine dulls the colors as it dries. The following images were photographed after the final varnishing, and the colors are a bit more vibrant. I hope no one minds my posting them again.
Mike

Nice work! Great color!
Poe! You are Avenged!

Inkfink

Quote from: Gillman-Fan on May 22, 2010, 09:25:38 PM
Weird. I caught and corrected that but the revised art is not showing up.

Any thoughts on what color scheme would suit him best?

I'd like to see light blue or green. Very cool!

Illoman

Thanks, Shiverbones, I appreciate it!!

Mike

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

RICKH

Shiverbones I love the vintage look of your work.  It is perfectly done and takes me back to the Halloweens of my childhood. Wonderful!
Gillman-Fan the transfer drawings are a treat!  I love the way you capture the flavor of the 60's as well as the essence of the subject. The Forry transfer rocks!
Illoman what can I say, the portraits are phenomenal.  The Vincent Price  piece is absolutely outstanding.  You guys are an inspiration to all of us who wield the brush and pen.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

shiverbones

Thanks Very Much Rick! I am working on A famous Monsters style Black Sunday Painting I should have done later this week.
Poe! You are Avenged!