Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillman-Fan

Great stuff, Rick!

Keep up the good work and, most importantly, keep having fun with it!

Illoman

Quote from: RICKH on May 18, 2010, 07:38:03 PM
I can't tell you guys how much I enjoy this site.  I look forward to seeing what everyone has contributed each day, heck it's one of the highlights of my evenings.  I particularly love the artwork that is posted in this section.  I'm hesitant to show my meager endeavors, but I'll put up a couple that you guys have inspired over the last few weeks.  I have a Lugosi painting that's almost done...I've got to do a little work on the background and then I'll post it[http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/729/img1429u.jpg][http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7861/img1430d.jpg]

I wouldn't call those "meager endeavors", RICKH. Those are nice, and capture the characters quite nicely. I like your style on them very much. The lighting on the Drac is very well handled. Please post more of your work.

Mike

Scary Terry

Shiverbones:  All your work is impressive -- but I LOVE that retro-looking die-cut!  Fantastic!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Scary Terry

New SCARY MONSTERS wraparound cover -- ink on paper with digital color and copy.

You can see a larger version on my blog (click on the small image there to enlarge):  http://terrybeatty.blogspot.com/2010/05/scary-monsters-75.html
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Illoman

Very nice, Terry. Tip of the hat to EC, eh? The design reminds me of their covers.

Mike

Gillman-Fan

Terry, I like that you've used some black linework on this one . . . makes it look like an old newspaper ad mat.

Gillman-Fan

artistguy

Monsterfink

I am the Female Dracula

The Fly one looks quite intimidating! I don't like flies, and even that cartoon one comes up too big for my liking! Love the Saucer Men one, and Gill-Man's She-Beast
"Supernatural? Perhaps. Baloney? Perhaps not. There are many things under the sun...."

artistguy

I'd also like to see  these stylized monster portraits done as those lick and stick tattoo transfers.. I remember those from my pre-teen days. They all look awesome!

Adam

Gillman-Fan

Tattoos are a great idea! I'll bet the old "Lick & Stick" technology has gone the way of the Dodo bird, though. Surely there are other temporary tattoos mediums.

I've had quite a few people contact me with similar concepts for these illustrations (art prints, trading cards, etc.) and I'm looking into some options.

In the mean time, I just set up an online t-shirt shop and am selling my monster designs printed on ringer tees . . . PM me for the URL and look for my ad in an upcoming issue of Scary Monsters Magazine.

Monsterfink

Gillman-Fan

I'll have this gruesome gal colorized (blue) and available for purchase later today:

michblk

Great stuff Terry, Gill and Monster! 

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes