Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 08:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterArt

Hey Mike,

First of all, what is Oothmah? Sounds like a Lovecraft demon!

Second, the Karloff mummy is sweet! The two-color approach is really striking.

Frank

Illoman

There was a tradition here at the UMA (which I believe is still in the works) to nominate an Officer of the Month (OOTMAH), and that person could do whatever he/she wanted to do that was special during their reign. I ran a contest where the prizes were paintings of the winner's choice.

Thanks for your kind words about the Mummy. I enjoy painting Boris Karloff more than anyone else.

Mike

Meek

So fresh from the drawing board that I forgot to sign it before scanning it---finished early this afternoon.

I have a soft spot for Conrad Veidt and have been wanting to do something from "The Man Who Laughs" for some time. Veidt was a very big star in Europe in the 1920's--he was known as "The Man With the Dangerous Eyes". I have a framed vintage portrait postcard of him from Berlin and his eyes seem to glow in the dark in the photo.
     Connie will be on the front of my "Ghastly Greetings" Valentines this year with fitting text concealed inside.

"Meek"

"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

MonsterArt

That has a wonderful depth to it, Linda. Wait, what is the medium? This is one of my favorites of yours. Nicely composed as well. And to top it off, based on a still that I'm not familiar with. Very very nice.

And Mike, well, how flippin' lucky for the winners of those pieces!!

Frank

Meek

Frank: Gwynplane is done in black acrylic on parchment paper with just a touch of white on the highlight of his eye and teeth---all the rest is just black paint thinned down or darkened as needed. Size is  5 x 7 inches. The still I worked from was an eBay find.
    And thanks for the compliment.

"Meek"(what big teeth you have)

Illoman

Meek, I have to echo Frank's comment: I think this is one of the best you've done! I like the foggy background, and the way you painted the fabric on his cloak is just wonderful.

Awesome job!!

Mike

Scary Terry

Here's the latest "Scary Monsters Monster Memories" annual cover illo.  Just finished.  Couldn't get my digital camera to give me a pic without some glare, so it's a little washed out on one side.  You can also see some detail shots on my blog: www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Scary Terry

Hmmm... pic not working.  Gonna try again.  if it doesn't work this time and you'd like to see it, just follow the link to my blog in my previous post -- that DOES work.

Scary Terry

Illoman

Quote from: Meek on January 25, 2008, 12:51:01 AM

Guys and gals, I cannot hardly believe it, but Meek blessed me with the original art for this wonderful portrait!! The scan doesn't do it justice, it is so beautifully crafted. So a monstrous public Thank You to Meek!!

Mike

MonsterArt

It certainly couldn't have asked for a better home! A beautiful piece of art.

Frank

The Drunken Severed Head

One of your very best, Linda, and that's saying a lot!

Meek

I felt that I owed Mike a favor for posting scans of my paintings on his own site--one has to keep the Universe balanced you know.
   To quote Vincent Van Gogh " . . . one must not only give but also take, and, reversing it, one must not onlly take, but also give." and my currency of choice is usually a painting.
    So Mike got the gift of Gwynplaine and I know he has a very good home.

"Meek"

Meek

This is a pale copy of a lost painting. The original belonged to Dwight D. Frye and what happened to it and a few other of my paintings after Dwight's death is anyone's guess.
     Pretorious and Karl were painted in 2002 and we my "ghastly Greetings" Valentine that year with the text inside that said:

"From the look on Pretorious' face, Karl could tell that he would not be allowed to attend the local "Sweetheart's Dance" in order to shop for spare parts."     

"Meek"

Scary Terry

Thanks for fixing the link to my pic, Mike.  I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!
Scary Terry

Mike Scott

Quote from: Scary Terry on February 05, 2008, 02:13:28 AM
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!
You were doing it right, but for some reason the link to the large pic just will not work. I tried it 6 different ways and nothin'! The link to the small version did work, so I figured that was better than nothing.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website