Author Topic: Universal musical film “Monster Mash”  (Read 363 times)

fearliath

• Corporal

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
Re: Universal musical film “Monster Mash”
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:23:14 PM »

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »

TheMadScientist

• Private First Class
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:35:11 PM »
I honestly think this sounds pretty fun. As much as I'd love a new batch of serious, Gothic horror movies based on the Universal Monsters, I think there's room for something like this as well. I'm curious to see how this comes together (hopefully it actually gets made in the end).

cushing

• Private First Class
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 07:38:29 AM »
This already exists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Mash_(1995_film)

We did the play, "I'm Sorry the Bridge is Out, You'll Have to Spend the Night" in high school my senior year. Our theater teacher knew I was a classic horror buff and since I was the "leader" in the department, wanted to do this as our fall performance and gave me a heads up the spring before. I wanted to play Dr. Frankenstein soooooooo badly; I spent the summer growing my sideburns to look like Peter Cushing and memorized one of his monologues for my audition. Unfortunately I was cast as the hero lead :(

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »
Some people have compared 1995 "Monster Mash", to a PG "Rocky Horror Picture show". The 1995  Monster Mash film is actually 1966s "I'm Sorry the Bridge is Out, You'll Have to Spend the Night" with the song "Monster Mash" included a few times. I bought a VHS copy, since as far as I know, the film has never been put on DVD or Blu Ray, and it was an opportunity to see Boris Pickett playing Dr. Frankenstein. The voice of the Cryptkeeper is on board as Igor. I would be curious to see if the new film is decent.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 03:30:38 AM »
It won't win any Rondo's, but I liked it!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)