Hamilton's Invaders appreciation thread!

Started by Hepcat, January 17, 2011, 05:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbud

Hi ya Gasport! Saw you were logged on at the moment. Haven't had time to mention that I liked pic of your Slot car carousel ..........forgot what post I saw it under......Bud

Hepcat

Quote from: bigbud on January 20, 2011, 04:28:49 AM
Gasport.....I have a guess from Hepcat's picture that he may be a musician too. That's you on guitar, me on bass and Hep on______.  Hep, am I right? You a treble maker too?   Bud

Well I took accordion classes for 2 1/2 years, and I dream of being a great blues harp player like Slim Harpo or Little Walter....

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

I am heavily into hifi and records though!

8)

bigbud

Sorry Hep.......we need keys. Get to learnin'......Bud

raycastile

Raymond Castile

Monolith

Hepcat---I used to own an acoustic bass guitar that belonged to the bass player for Scruffy the Cat. I bought it off him. Saw them a couple of times too, back in Boston.

Hepcat

Very cool! Ole Scruffy could play, that's for sure.

I'll practice up with my blues harp though and then right out of nowhere you'll be hearing me hailed on the radio as the second coming of Sonny Boy Williamson, you'll see!

yendor1152

I had the big green bug. Pull a string, and he goes scrabbling across the floor. Over the years, a piece on his head broke off--a horn, maybe? Whatever the case, I sold him on eBay a few years back for some big bucks!

Rod

RedKing

This toy line is before my time but man are they cool! I would have loved them as a kid-heck I'd still love them now!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

bigbud

Redking......I'll send you all of mine! But I don't have your address!  Oh....Wait-a-minute...........the moment of generosity has passed..... No Hamiltons for you........and your head is still funny lookin'......Love, Buddy

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Hepcat

Here are a couple of shots of my Hamilton's Invaders items:

8)

bigbud

Hamilton stuff is really cool! I'm looking for one of the reddish cardboard caves. One went alittle too high on e-bay awhile back. I am not positive on the history, but Remco did issue the Hamilton's Invader vehicles under a different line of toys first. Science vehicles of some type.    Bud

Scatter

Quote from: bigbud on January 24, 2011, 09:39:05 PM
Redking......I'll send you all of mine! But I don't have your address!  Oh....Wait-a-minute...........the moment of generosity has passed..... No Hamiltons for you........and your head is still funny lookin'......Love, Buddy

Catching Buddy's generous impulses at just the right time is like trying to film Bigfoot. Either Bigfoot is there and the camera isn't, or the camera is ready and Bigfoot doesn't show. Either way, you know you're going home empty-handed. :D
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

bigbud

Ah!.......But not home hungry! It was chilli tonight, and one of the best batches I've ever tasted! Had you been here we'd all have been belchin' and fartin'!  LOL   Buddy