Dr. Creep is in bad shape~Shock Theater host

Started by Anton Phibes, January 12, 2011, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracebuster

Sad news, indeed. These guys are such a unique connection to our youth. Our own Dr. Shock passed away when we were kids. It just made no sense to me at the time.

Mike's story,

One year for Dr Creep's birthday I sent him a drawing I did of him at the head of a table with a birthday cake, surrounded by all the monsters. I was probably about 13 or 14. I was hoping he would show it on his show that week. My mom and I stayed up to watch him, as he came on at 11:30pm after the news. As it turned out there was a local basketball game on, which went to overtime and delayed Shock Theater even later. My mom fell asleep, but I woke her up when I screamed as I saw my drawing full screen on the teevee!!! It was an awesome monster kid moment.

Is the best thing about this community. I just love hearing these kinds of stories and knowing  that we were all having similar childhoods in dissimilar places. How wonderful to hear how he lept through the little box and touched you so greatly, Mike!

I hope the rest of Dr. Creeps journey is not too difficult for himself or his family.

ChattyLMS

That's a wonderful story, Gracebuster!  I'm glad he showed your picture.  Just what were they thinking when they showed that game?   ;D
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

charp13

I'm also very sorry to hear that we have lost another childhood friend. I grew up watching Sir Graves Ghastly and I was so saddened a few years ago when he passed away. They, along with all our other beloved horror hosts, were so important to our monster childhoods. I so looked forward to Saturdays because after the cartoons, it was monster movie time! These special people will never be forgotten and will always live in our monster memories. Rest in Peace, Dr. Creep.

toysoldierman2001

I just read that he has passed away? Did anyone else hear anything about this?