Author Topic: MonsterKid Photo Archive-The Magical History Tour!  (Read 30852 times)

Monolith

• Sergeant
Re: MonsterKid Photo Archive-The Magical History Tour!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 04:06:15 AM »
Awesome photos! Cant' wait to see more.
Here's me scaring my little sister with Mattel Thingmaker stuff on my face and a real bug in the jar.

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 07:42:35 AM »
Here's me scaring my little sister with Mattel Thingmaker stuff on my face and a real bug in the jar.

There should be a caption contest for this picture.  My entry:

"SEE?  See what I'm talking about?"

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »
Great collection of pics everyone!  Bigbud, how old were you in that pic?  You were taller than usual, even then!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

bigbud

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:06:43 PM »
Oh Gasport! That is the greatest! Some of us are late to the grave posers......you, my friend, have been a true monster child from way-back!........

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »
Bud, That pic is PRICELESS!! Too bad no one thought to snap one of what your friend left on that doorstep as a steaming token of his affection that night! Here's another of me posing with a few of my ''friends'' while wearing my older bro's Shock Monster mask probably sometime in 1964 0r '65. Hope you enjoy and lets keep this thread rollin'!

Man Mike........what's NOT to love about that pic?? The mask, the toys, the vintage couch..........this is what this thread's about!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 09:10:24 PM »

HA!! Freaking wicked Mono!!

Moonshadow

• Sergeant
    • Bronze Age Babies
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »
The thingmaker! I recall fondly that my older brother had one. We used to make those bugs and then hide them around the kitchen to freak out our Mom -who knew they weren't real, but would scream and carry on for us any way. Great pics guys!

I know I've shown this before, but what the heck. It's me on a birthday, with my monster cake. It has the GI Joe ape standing in for King Kong, and the groovie ghoulies are playing the parts of the universal monsters. For added fun, there are mini-gorillas, palm trees, and edible rock candy! AND I got to dress like Lon Chaney from London After Midnight...those were the days.

bigbud

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
Yea, Primate, you're right. I got tall way too fast! I remember mentioning my height to Mom, she told me if anyone said I looked too old to be trick-or-treating to ask them "would you rather I were out soaping windows and throwing rocks at houses?".............didn't work. Got to an old lady's door and she wouldn't give me any candy....said I was too old..."the candy is for the little ones!" I laid Mom's line on her and she took it the wrong way......her reply......"I'll call the police!"  One of my first examples that people only listen to reason if they can be considered reasonable people.    Bud

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
LOL!  Yep, bigbud, sounds like that one backfired!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Monolith

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 02:38:53 AM »
Moonshadow---I bet you were the only Lon Chaney in your whole neighborhood!

So, one time my brother made me up as a werewolf and shot a quick movie on 8mm film and here it is...

I Was A Prepubescent Werewolf (1972)

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
Monolith- you are so cute/frightening!  That's some top-notch acting as well! And those eyes........super expressive!  I haven't seen anything this cute on 8mm film in a long time! Thanks for sharing this priceless little movie.   :)

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 11:40:24 AM »
Later in the night we were joined by another friend, Mike Shields.....he was ornery. At one house where no one answered he took a dump on their porch........blew my young and innocent mind. The mystery of how he wiped has always bothered me..........Bud

Now that is an awesome Halloween story.

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
The thingmaker! I recall fondly that my older brother had one. We used to make those bugs and then hide them around the kitchen to freak out our Mom -who knew they weren't real, but would scream and carry on for us any way. Great pics guys!

I know I've shown this before, but what the heck. It's me on a birthday, with my monster cake. It has the GI Joe ape standing in for King Kong, and the groovie ghoulies are playing the parts of the universal monsters. For added fun, there are mini-gorillas, palm trees, and edible rock candy! AND I got to dress like Lon Chaney from London After Midnight...those were the days.

Karen and everyone else, don't worry if you've posted a pic somewhere else before. I'm hoping to create a one-stop thread for these great old pics. That way they're easy to find, we'll get more of them, and those who may have missed them elsewhere can see them too! Any pics, Holiday,birthday, anything at all.

BTW, I'm sure no one dressed as Chaney wants to hear this, but you were adorable!

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 12:48:03 PM »
Yea, Primate, you're right. I got tall way too fast! I remember mentioning my height to Mom, she told me if anyone said I looked too old to be trick-or-treating to ask them "would you rather I were out soaping windows and throwing rocks at houses?".............didn't work. Got to an old lady's door and she wouldn't give me any candy....said I was too old..."the candy is for the little ones!" I laid Mom's line on her and she took it the wrong way......her reply......"I'll call the police!"  One of my first examples that people only listen to reason if they can be considered reasonable people.    Bud

OK, how tall are you Bud??

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »
Monolith, that was AWESOME!! The only thing my brothers and I did together was fistfight!!