Weird-Ohs Items!

Started by Hepcat, January 07, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on June 05, 2019, 07:19:53 PM
Tacos with Weird-Oh skateboards is a tough combination to match. You'd have to go to something like the Topps Monster Tatoos with bubble gum to even get close:

;)

Gosh darn it to heck, I dig these tattoos.....errrr, tatoos.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on June 05, 2019, 06:53:54 PMRound2 issued a series of Hawk Weird-Ohs on skateboards figures in 2008:

For what they're worth, here are a couple Youtube clips on these Weird-Ohs on surfboards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMmWb4MVIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0iMqwzmaV4

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on June 05, 2019, 06:53:54 PM
Round2 issued a series of Hawk Weird-Ohs on skateboards figures in 2008:

Magnetism was employed to make the figures stand on the skateboards.

Overall they're very cool and well worth collecting! Despite several inquiries though, I've been unable to determine why/how the numbering of this series extends into the dozens. After all, Hawk originally issued only twelve Weird-Oh kits, five Silly Surfer kits and four Frantic kits.

Here as well are pictures of two of the Silly Surfers:

8)

Hepcat

Here are a few pictures of Frantics:

There may be only the five shown above. Don't ask me to explain the numbering.

:-\

Hepcat

Here are a couple good pics I lifted off the net of two of the Weird-Oh puzzles Fairchild released in 1963:

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on June 05, 2019, 07:09:36 PMWhat Taco Bell gave away in 2010 with Kid's Meals was four different Weird-Ohs skateboards each of which came with twelve different Weird-Ohs stickers:

Here are some good pictures of these Weird-Ohs skateboard premiums given out by Taco Bell:

So did anybody here score any of these Taco Bell giveaways back in 2010?

8)

Mord

Welcome back, Hep. We missed you.

Hepcat

Thank you! I should now be posting semi-normally again (although that statement may not make sense to most of the broad populace).

;)

Jim Bertges

Quote from: Hepcat on September 17, 2019, 06:45:13 PM
Thank you! I should now be posting semi-normally again (although that statement may not make sense to most of the broad populace).

;)

Hep, you should know by now, we're all semi-normal around here.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Mord

Quote from: Jim Bertges on September 18, 2019, 06:00:31 PM
Hep, you should know by now, we're all semi-normal around here.
I object to the "normal" part.

Hepcat

Here are three of the Hawk Weird-Oh kits assembled and painted by our own master craftsman Jim Bertges:

Digger

Daddy

Drag Hag

8)

Hepcat

Here are three more Weird-Ohs built up by Jim Bertges:

Freddy Flameout

Wade A. Minut

Sling Rave Curvette

Mmmmmm! Nice pair!

8)

SWretired

Of course I remember Ed "Big Daddy" Roth, and the car magazines. I don't remember the "Weird Ohs" though...and I grew up in the sixties. Looks like I missed the boat on some cool stuff, like the trading cards.

Hepcat

Quote from: SWretired on October 11, 2019, 03:41:54 PMOf course I remember Ed "Bid Daddy" Roth, and the car magazines. I don't remember the "Weird Ohs" though...and I grew up in the sixties.

The Hawk Weird-Ohs flared hot briefly in the 1963-64 period but then burned out very quickly. "Big Daddy" Roth model kits and other items had more legs and faded out much more gradually.

Quote from: SWretired on October 11, 2019, 03:41:54 PMLooks like I missed the boat on some cool stuff, like the trading cards.

Here's an excellent article on the history of the Hawk Weird-Ohs:

Hawk Weird-Ohs - Old Model Kits

Reading through this thread in and of itself though will provide a very good overview/education on anything and everything related to the Weird-Ohs phenomenon.

;)

SWretired

Here's an excellent article on the history of the Hawk Weird-Ohs:

Hawk Weird-Ohs - Old Model Kits

Reading through this thread in and of itself though will provide a very good overview/education on anything and everything related to the Weird-Ohs phenomenon.

;)
[/quote]

That was an interesting article. I like reading about historical things that happened in the sixties. I'm truly aghast the Weird-ohs slipped by me somehow. It seems like every spare nickle I had went for the Topps "Batman" bubblegum cards in 1966. But I'm sure I could have found a few more for some "Weird-ohs'.