Weird-Ohs Items!

Started by Hepcat, January 07, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morbidious

Quote from: Inkfink on January 23, 2011, 11:37:58 PM
Very KEWL! Those Muscle Machines are great platforms for Fink sculpts! Here's one I did years ago working off  a reissued Tom Daniel Snap kit and some sort of basketball Hot Wheels die-cast...

AWESOME WORK!
"I'm makin MONSTERS for my friends"  ~Ramones~

slayergriffith

I bought a big box of werid-oh cards a long time ago . I think it said about 24 packs of cards and 8 cards in each pack. I only paid $2 for the whole box. They are some of the coolest cards i've ever seen. They Also Seen They Had Models. Here is the box of cards........

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

MDG

Quote from: slayergriffith on January 10, 2012, 09:06:34 PM
I bought a big box of werid-oh cards a long time ago . I think it said about 24 packs of cards and 8 cards in each pack. I only paid $2 for the whole box. They are some of the coolest cards i've ever seen. They Also Seen They Had Models. Here is the box of cards........

A friend of mine saw these at a local odd-lot-type store and got me a box. Ended up giving away about 2/3 of the card packs on Halloween when I ran out of candy.
MDG

Hepcat

That's the Weird-Ohs set that was reissued in the last few years. Here's a picture from the net of an unopened box of the original 1965-66 issue:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: pizzatrash on March 08, 2011, 06:49:22 PM
Awesome stuff, guys! I love that guitar!

Here's some stuff I recently acquired:

A lot of Martian Finks and some mexican repro Nutty-mads

Does anyone know how to tell the original Marx Nutty Mads and Weird-Ohs from the Mexican repros?

???

Hepcat

Quote from: Street Worm on January 25, 2011, 04:58:36 PM
MPC also put out a Nutty Maddish line (any info on how many characters were actually in this line would be great) but, here's a few-

The Nutty Mads were issued by Marx and not Multiple Plastics Corporation.

Three series of Nutty Mads were issued:

Series 1:

Roddy the Hot Rod (racer)
Manny the Reckless Mariner
Waldo the Weightlifter
Rocco the Champ (boxer)
Dippy the Deep Diver (Scuba diver)
Donald the Demon (racer)

Series 2:

All-Heart Hogan (policeman)
Bull Pen Boo Boo (baseball pitcher)
Chief Lost Teepee (Native American)
End Zone (football player)
Suburban Sidney (tricyclist)
The Thinker (Rodin sculpture parody)

Series 3:

Smokey Sam (firefighter)
U.S. Male (mail carrier)
Gutterball Annie (bowler)
Hippo Crit (physician)
Mudder (homemaker)
Now! Children (school teacher)

Marx then issued a series of six of the Hawk Weird-Ohs:

Drag Hag
Daddy
Endsville Eddie
Freddy Flameout
Davey
Digger

:)

ToyMemories

Quote from: Hepcat on February 03, 2012, 04:45:38 PM
The Nutty Mads were issued by Marx and not Multiple Plastics Corporation...
The pics above are Multiple's weird figures (not Marx)  ;o)
Like these:

Marx also made the Blame-Its (6 diff.) (here's a few really cool swirled test-shots):

and the Nutty Generals (also called the Spoofing Caricatures and sold in a painted version) (here's two of those):

-Mike
ToyMemories.com / MarxFiles.com / MultipleToymakers.com
Preserving Toy History / Preserving the History of the Original Marx Toys

Hepcat

Great info!

But I owe an apology to Street Worm then. I failed to notice that he wrote "Nutty Madish line" and not "Nutty Mads".

:-[

TypH

I have never ever seen these before, but I would love to have them, they look really neat.

Hepcat

Evidently Hawk planned to launch a second series of Weird-Ohs kits which was to include a hockey player named Freddie Faceoff but the craze for the Weird-Ohs line did not last much beyond a year and the plans for additional kits were therefore cancelled.

:(

You can still vote for your favourite Hawk Weird-Ohs model kits in this thread though:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=17081.0

;)

Monolith

I posted this once on another thread and Hepcat thought I should post it here so Weird-Oh's fans would see it, so here it is.
It's a three ring binder I've had since the '60's...

Hepcat

Interesting! That's four different binders confirmed. Curseofthewerewolf reports that he had a Freddie Flameout one and RPM says he has one with Drag Hag and Leaky Boat Louie on the front and Francis the Foul and Endsville Eddie on the back. Then there's the Digger one pictured in the ad:

I wonder how many different Weird-Ohs binders were issued by Standard Plastics Products?

???

jimm

Wouldn't those be sweet to store your vintage non-sport cards in!

Hepcat

That'd be cool alright, but I doubt that those binders would last very long with dozens of heavy card sheets in them without starting to come apart. I don't think those binders are very sturdy.

:-[

curseofthewerewolf

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER when it took a trip into Monster/Fink/Weird-Ohs type shirts:

http://teenagefilm.com/archives/threads-ahead/sweatshirt-monster