Monogram Fred Flypogger kits!

Started by Hepcat, January 07, 2011, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Well I see it now but looking at the coding I suspect that's a link that won't work for long.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

rkoenn

This seems to fit in here best and is a monster themed fantasy car kit I built about 3 years ago.  It is the Tom Daniel designed Monogram Bad Medicine.   I have a number of his kits and they are great.  I fondly remember them from my childhood when he was designing them.
Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

Hepcat

Cool! Tom Daniel models are boss!

:-\

Hepcat

Devlin

Just got word from our hobby distributor that Atlantis has announced new reissues of Super Fuzz and Flip Out (along with Roth's Surfink) for Q2 and Q3 of 2021. They're still taking stock of all the tooling they bought from Revell/Monogram, so who knows what might turn up. Brother Rat Fink? The Seuss kits? Not likely, but then, the Ghost of the Red Baron was believed lost forever, so you never know!

Hepcat

Quote from: Tom_Hering on February 05, 2020, 03:24:21 PMAh, the model car craze of the 1960s. Car Model Magazine was our internet. Those were exciting times....

Oh man, just seeing the cover logo of a Car Model magazine from the mid-1960's makes me feel all warm and fuzzy with nostalgia!

Add the smell of a styrene model kit, modelling cement and Testors or Pactra enamel paint and I'm in heaven! Especially with a few penny slabs of Bazooka or Dubble Bubble on which to chew.

;)

Hepcat

Here's a boss Super Fuzz kit built by Tim Nolan:

Hundreds more pictures of his wild cool builds can be found at his website:

Gallery of Monsters, Creatures, Finks & Weirdo's - Ratdaddy Studios

8)

Hepcat

Here's a boss cool Mouse kit that Monogram never issued, a detail which didn't prevent Tim Nolan from building it from scratch anyway!

Dig the wild and crazy two-tone candy paint job on the roadster!

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on February 02, 2018, 07:30:33 PM
Here are some rad cool early Mouse T-shirt ads:

And here are a few more wild Mouse T-shirt ads:

Here are two of the $0.50 catalogs that his beady-eyed fans could order:

Unlike "Big Daddy" Roth, Mouse continued to provide mail order buyers with individually air-brushed T-shirts. And in a whopping fifteen different fluorescent colors! Mouse could actually draw quite well and sketched the designs himself. Here's an example of a finished T-shirt that a buyer would have received in the mail:

In contrast a mail-order customer of "Big Daddy" Roth would have received a T-shirt of one of "Big Daddy" Roth's designs that Wes Bennett or then Ed Newton had turned into a finished drawing that could then be screen printed. The T-shirt was then spray painted over with generally three different colored streaks as per the ad below:

:)

Hepcat

Here's a point-of-purchase display sign from the mid-1960's that highlights the friendly rivalry prevailing between Stanley Mouse and Ed "Big Daddy" Roth:

8)

Hepcat

Here are some beautifully coloured Mouse designs:

Wild One looks very much like the work of our own Weldonmc as do the two bottom ones. But some of the others may very well have been coloured by Mouse himself since he was an artist comfortable working with various media.

8)

Hepcat

Here for comparative purposes are some Mouse designs that I know were coloured by Weldonmc (who sadly seems to have disappeared):

8)

Devlin

Just got word from our distributor that the reissues of "Super Fuzz" and "Flip Out" that Atlantis announced last year are scheduled to finally come out later on this year. Keep your fingers crossed1

Devlin

I suspect from their silence on the subject that the molds for "Speed Shift" are either damaged or flat-out gone, but who knows?

Hepcat

Here are pics of Hugohernandez's wild Speed Shift build:

:)