Author Topic: SNOOPY & RED BARON Monogram / Snap Tite Kits - Reissue  (Read 255 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
SNOOPY & RED BARON Monogram / Snap Tite Kits - Reissue
« on: August 31, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »
Not monster kits.  But they ARE associated with Halloween via their inclusion in the classic "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" TV Special. 

I always thought these little kits were kinda cute.  But originals in new condition are bringing about $200 on eBay.  These reissues from Atlantis are just $30 each.  Might be good additions to your Halloween Tree?  Stupidly, they are scheduled for a November 30, 2020 release date - well AFTER Halloween.  (But there is always next year.)

NOTE:  This is original Monogram artwork - The Atlantis reissue artwork has not been finalized.

PEANUTS - Model - Snoopy - Spwith Camel - Monogram Snap Tite - Resisue - Atlantis - November 30, 2020

PEANUTS - Model - Red Baron - Spwith Camel - Monogram Snap Tite - Resisue - Atlantis - November 30, 2020

Monsters In Motion has them listed as Pre-Orders for $26.99:

https://tinyurl.com/yyjoyhxz

ADAM

Rex fury

• Corporal
Re: SNOOPY & RED BARON Monogram / Snap Tite Kits - Reissue
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:50:49 PM »
I had these kits back in the day and thought they were really fun. I think I had a Snoopy in pilot gear sitting on top of his doghouse. Is that the same kit or were there others issued? My memory is a little hazy here ( as in most areas , lol)
RF

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 02:04:28 PM »
I had these kits back in the day and thought they were really fun. I think I had a Snoopy in pilot gear sitting on top of his doghouse. Is that the same kit or were there others issued? My memory is a little hazy here ( as in most areas , lol)
RF

The planes have stands - Snoopy's is his house.  (At least in the originals.)
ADAM

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
Snoopy's is his house.

So, on the box it says "Snoopy and his Sopwith Camel" (with airplane art) and when you get it home and open it it's a dog house? I wonder what the return rate was? I probably wouldn't have bought the kit, because I would have wanted the dog house!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 02:56:47 PM »
I don't recall ever actually seeing any depiction of The Red Baron before. Was he an official Peanuts character
drawn by Schulz? I can't make out that fine print in the corner ...

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »
I don't recall ever actually seeing any depiction of The Red Baron before. Was he an official Peanuts character
drawn by Schulz? I can't make out that fine print in the corner ...

Click on the picture it gets bigger.  "Propeller powered by one AA Battery (not included)"
ADAM

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 12:07:28 PM »
I don't recall ever actually seeing any depiction of The Red Baron before. Was he an official Peanuts character drawn by Schulz?

I don't know if the Red Baron was ever drawn by Charles Schultz but he was certainly drawn countless times by other artists:

And of course DC based its Enemy Ace series on the Red Baron:

Northland copy

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 02:03:28 PM »
I don't know if the Red Baron was ever drawn by Charles Schultz ... 

I think he was never shown in the comic strip - kinda like the parents.  Often referred to, but never seen.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 02:09:50 PM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM

Rex fury

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
I think the Red Barron  was supposed to be in Snoopy’s mind ( imagination). That’s why he’s always sitting on his dog house . To my knowledge the “ real” RB was never depicted.
RF