Ten Things About You

Started by Nicole, January 02, 2011, 02:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole

This one is simple and fun. Tell us ten things that we don't know about you.

Here's mine:

1. Im left-handed.
2. I have an obsession with teashades.
3. I can't snap my fingers.
4. I feel uncomfortable borrowing things from people. If someone loans me something, I get in a rush to return it.
5. I have a kitten that looks like a leopard (bengal cat).
6. I put mayo on French fries.
7. I was once stalked (in real life) by a guy who had an imaginary girlfriend and a scat fetish.
8. I can draw competently, but I paint horribly.
9. I sometimes misuse, mispronounce, or use non-existent words... much to the amusement (and confusion) of people around me.
10. If it's an insect, and it bites or stings, I have a crippling phobia of it. If it's in the house, it is imperative to kill it, or I will not sleep.
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

Haunted hearse

1.I'm left handed
2.Been married to the same person for 22 years
3.Drive a 1959 Hearse
4.I'm a huge fan of the Addams Family.
5.What's not to like about the Munsters?
6.Boris Karloff was the Greatest Actor of all time.
7.Spooky houses are the ideal living environment.
8.Cats are evil psycho killing machines, so I have 3 of them.
9.Antique suits of Armor are the perfect home decor
10.Haloween should be in ones heart all year round.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Sean

1.  I used to be an incredibly dominant pitcher in a seriously competitive Wiffle Ball League (didn't lose a game in the 3 years I competed).  I started out with a sinker/ rising fastball mix, then developed a sweeping slider and a nose to toes curveball with a screwball mixed in.  If my team scored 2 runs, we were a mortal lock.  We always scored 2 runs or more.
2.  I like pickled herring.
3.  I can't stand tomatoes unless they're chopped finely or pureed.
4.  I can draw a little. 
5.  I have been told many times I should be an attorney or a talk show host (I have no plans to do either).
6.  My wife wants me to write Romance Novels.
7.  I had braces PUT ON my teeth when I was 19.
8.  I am a big fan of wedgies (giving them)-----just not for a long time.
9.  I never had a 'girls are icky' stage.  I practiced 'my look' in the mirror for hours the night before my 1st day of Kindergarten.
10. I use analogies in essentially every discussion/ debate topic I'm in-----especially at work in meetings.  Sometimes they're ridiculous-------but most people love them.

charp13

1. I'm right handed
2. I've been married for 31 years
3. I drowned in a lake when I was 12, and was resuscitated by a stranger
4. which brings me to the fact that I cannot swim and refer to lakes, rivers, and oceans as "blue death"
5.I once got a giant novelty pencil, with a hook on the end that secured a mini pennant, stuck in my throat when I was chewing on it
6. I have been a nail biter for 40+ years
7. I was once the only Cheeseasaurus Rex costumed character in the metro Atlanta area for a year (official Kraft business- not in my personal life)
8.I LOVE Monsters!!
9.I  had my first cup of coffee at the age of 47 (iced)- because I never eat or drink anything HOT......yikes
10. I would watch re-runs of Dawson's Creek- anytime/anywhere

monahan13

1. I dropped out of art school in NY, to attend art school in Chicago
2. I was born and raised in Chicago
3. I only have one kidney.
4. I have a dog named oreo, and a cat named luna
5. Im 24 and have collected monster toys since i was 1994,, so not that long
6. I just got a fancy flat TV
7. i collect taxidermy and other weird items.
8. I have a large majority of my body tattooed
9. My father and I look like twins
10. My favorite monster toy is the telco motionettes my dad bought me from kmart in the early 90s... we werent getting out of there without them.

monsterphile

1. Although my wife always thinks I'm kidding, I honestly believe that since I was young, I've always been attracted to Asian women because I watched so many Godzilla movies.  (although my wife is from the Philippines, not Japan.)
2. Although I like the smell of it brewing, I hate coffee.  (I drink diet Coke like it's water though.)
3. I apparently have a "twin" at one of the local flea markets that sells old coins.  On many occasions people have started to chat with me thinking that I was this other guy.
4. I've tried to learn the flute,piano, and guitar and failed at all three.  The only thing I CAN play is the radio.
5. Growing up, I never had much of an interest at all in westerns and war movies.  In recent years though, I've been watching them a lot.
6. When I was a kid, I would only eat the crust from pizza and spaghetti with butter and cheese.  I wouldn't go near tomato sauce. That issue is long gone and could easily eat pizza daily.
7. Prefer the the Monkees over the Beatles.
8. I don't care for NOSFERATU, Laurel & Hardy, pineapple, or watching sports (except for the Olympics every 4 years).
9. I have an extreme pet peeve of people that are so oblivious to the fact that they are blocking aisles with their shopping carts.
10. I have never ridden on a motorcycle, shot a real gun (other than a BB gun), or used drugs illegally (but I could tell quite a story about my one legal experience in Amsterdam in 1987).

Rob

Pauspy

1. I played the trombone for 9 years and still have one in the house somewhere
2. I didn't learn to skate until I was over 30 years old
3. I dearly want to own a classic Volkswagon Westphalia camper van
4. I couldn't speak another language if you held a gun to my head
5. I am distantly related to Randy Bachman of Guess Who/ BTO fame, though I've never met the man
6. I used to study archaeology
7. I hate the smell of sauted mushrooms
8. I have visited fourteen countries
9. I spent several years as a kid in and out of hospitals for various thingies
10. I have the least mechanical skill of anyone I know
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

CreepysFan

1. Every vacation I return to South Carolina where I grew up.

2. I eat Beef and Lamb extra rare.

3. Was in the Boy Scouts where I learned girls dig uniforms.

4. Lived in a haunted house while my father was stationed in Valdosta, Georgia.

5. I have three children....all cats.

6. I still have my Teddy Bear after 40 yrs.

7. I've been fascinated by Paleontology since age 5, and still am.

8. If I even see a maggot, I can feel them crawling over me.

9. Keep a flag of South Carolina on the wall, with my Warren cover posters.

10. I think the Universe revolves around my wife Karen.  That's right, God placed her in the center of EVERYTHING where she should be.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Uncula

thrhrt thrhrt

Here is my list:
    1.  I can take almost any type of "bug" except spiders and centipedes!
    2.  I play Trumpet, Bass guitar and a little harmonica.
    3.  I was told by my 9th grade English teacher that I should go into acting!  She also was one of the 1st to encourage James Dean.  He listened, I didn't.
    4.  I was once told by a singer in the Cincinnati Opera to give up singing in my church's choir, follow his instruction and I would soon be able to sing in an Opera company - but I don't like opera!
    5.  I cry at almost every good movie/TV show that involves our troops that have fought for our country and freedom.
    6.  I been wonderfully married to the same beautiful woman for 32 1/2 years!  Man what a saint she is!!!  Not a bad track record for a girl who was 17 when we married!
    7.  We celebrated the coming of 2011 for my not being taken to the E.R. over the holiday for the 1st time in about 5 yrs.
    8.  Because of my disability, I haven't driven a car in almost 5 years!
    9.  I once developed a cartoon character based on a water spot on our living room ceiling.
  10.  I've been fascinated by Halloween makeup since I was in the 7th grade.  My wife once said that I had more makeup than she did!

thrhrt thrhrt
The children of the night.  What music they make!

Dr. Madd

1. I'm left-handed
2. I collect Barbies, as well monsters and medieval weapons
3. My wife and friends and I once nearly got drafted to appear in a haunted trail one halloween. They thought we were part of the show when we showed up in costume.
4. I love hot tea. Rooibos and Earl Grey are my favorites.
5. I am an excellent shot with the crossbow and blowgun.
6. I love listening to tribal and primitive stuff.
7. I LOVE dinosaurs
8. Who ever said that above was right: Antique armor does make for great decor.. It's also a bold fashion statement.
9. I have over 80 hats, caps, and helmets. And I wear them.
10. Driving terrifies me so I don't do it. That and I have Zombie nightmares.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Opera Ghost

Skeletons of the Opera Ghost

1. Played Drums for 8 years until HS Graduation and then put away the sticks, until Christmas day when we got a kit for my 3 yr old.
2. Dark Shadows and Twilight Zone gave me severe nightmares when I was a kid, and was forced to stop watching them for about a year
3. I've a mortal fear of heights and snakes, and was fine with the Ocean until Jaws
4. I'm co-owner of a 1966 Reproduction Batmobile, from the ground up.
5. Love pinups and women from the 30s and 40s era, and often feel like a man out of his era
6. All Alcohol and excessive heat give me a headache
7. Talked my parents into buying me a 2nd Aurora Dracula model 6 mos after the 1st by telling them it was a kit of him coming out of the coffin.
8. Married twice
9. Had my first child, Mykhail, at age 46
10. I met Lana Clarkson 2 weeks before her Murder by Phil Spector
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Uncula

Quote from: Dr. Madd on January 03, 2011, 04:47:49 PM
1. I'm left-handed
2. I collect Barbies, as well monsters and medieval weapons
3. My wife and friends and I once nearly got drafted to appear in a haunted trail one halloween. They thought we were part of the show when we showed up in costume.
4. I love hot tea. Rooibos and Earl Grey are my favorites.
5. I am an excellent shot with the crossbow and blowgun.
6. I love listening to tribal and primitive stuff.
7. I LOVE dinosaurs
8. Who ever said that above was right: Antique armor does make for great decor.. It's also a bold fashion statement.
9. I have over 80 hats, caps, and helmets. And I wear them.
10. Driving terrifies me so I don't do it. That and I have Zombie nightmares.

8) EARL GREY...whoo...whoo!  Who in their right mind doesn't love it??  thrhrt  uuummm!  Let's start with two Units!
The children of the night.  What music they make!

Dr. Madd

Quote from: Uncula on January 03, 2011, 05:40:08 PM
8) EARL GREY...whoo...whoo!  Who in their right mind doesn't love it??  thrhrt  uuummm!  Let's start with two Units!

Rooibos and Lapsang suchong are great, too.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

zombiehorror

01.  I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
02.  I am not an elephant! I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man!
03.  Excuse me... I dislike being touched... an Eastern prejudice.
04.  You don't understand. Every night when the moon is full, I turn into a wolf.
05.  I am your father.
06.  Don't worry, the whole world's my hiding place. I can stand there amongst them in the day and night and laugh at them.
07.  One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.
08.  I'm not Regan.
09.  I am Dracula.
10.  Crazy, am I? We'll see whether I'm crazy or not.

Pauspy

I just have to say I love this topic...obviously the coolest people come to UMA  ;)
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.