Who else collects movie props & wardrobe?

Started by foolish mortal, December 31, 2010, 01:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typhooforme

Quote from: Unknown Primate on January 01, 2011, 09:58:41 PM
Really great stuff, guys & gals!
Robert, that looks rather disturbing!  I saw THE NAVY VS THE NIGHT MONSTERS at the Drive-In when I was around 10 years old!
If you think THAT looks disturbing, you oughta see ME!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Opera Ghost

Thus far, the budget has only afforded re-pro props/costumes etc, and living vicariously thru some of you!
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Scatter

Quote from: Elisabeth on January 01, 2011, 08:57:19 PM
Just one tiny piece of memorabilia. so precious to me that the original is in the bank.  The picture of Colin Clive and Mae Clarke sitting in the Frankenstein garden...under a huge microphone hanging from a tree.  The original was taken by a friend of Mae's on the set, and is a tiny, sepia toned "Brownie" shot.

It had come to me by way of a neighbor who had known Ms. Clarke in Los Angeles in the early 60s.  Helen told me that Mae was extremely "eccentric" at the time, and in the habit of giving away things "willy-nilly".  Funny, how it should come, by a fluke, to someone for whom it means so much.

There is a blowup of it on Pierre Fournier's FRANKENSTEINIA Blog,

"E"

LINK!! LINK!! I'm SO happy that this found the PERFECT home with you Elisabeth!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

Quote from: Opera Ghost on January 03, 2011, 05:59:09 PM
Thus far, the budget has only afforded re-pro props/costumes etc, and living vicariously thru some of you!

Said the guy with a "RE-PRO" freaking 66 BATMOBILE.

Have I told you lately how I hate you?  >:D
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

foolish mortal

Opera Ghost

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Haunted hearse

We'll on the subject of props we have, this was Mina's coffin from  "Dracula Dead and loving It". 
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Haunted hearse on January 04, 2011, 04:21:42 PM

We'll on the subject of props we have, this was Mina's coffin from  "Dracula Dead and loving It".

Very cool

foolish mortal

Cool casket! From a really funny movie as well :)
So let me get this straight....Batman's true identity is Bruce Wayne, whom infact is Opera Ghost!!!! Don't let the Joker find out ;)

typhooforme

More odds and ends from my collection--this is the set of three modernist metal sculptures from the Dennis Hopper's office complex in George Romero's LAND OF THE DEAD (2005)--the middle one is the one John Leguizamo used to bash a zombie:

Screen capture of Leguizamo grabbing the middle sculpture:

and--a latex foam zombie face--test-makeup for that movie:
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

foolish mortal

Nice LOTD pieces. I have one prop from the film and the rest is wardrobe. The bottle of antibiotics Riley takes out of his p. coat.
The wardrobe pieces consists of Riley's p.coat and gloves, Cholo's bloodied longsleeve shirt, motorcycle boots, and his arrow holster.
Romero's films are hard to collect from, good catch on those items ;)

EP1972

I have been collecting screen used, and production made costumes and props since 1987.  My collection focuses on:

Indiana Jones
Star Wars films
Classic Hollywood
Tron/ Tron Legacy
Elvis Presley

And anyother film that really catches my fancy.  Here is a link to some pieces in my collection:  Note that these are only highlights.

http://www.yourprops.com/Mr.+Hollywood-movie-props-wardrobe.html

Enjoy.

foolish mortal

Impressive! Really nice pieces. I especially love the Indy fedora, not a fan of the last film but it's still an Indy fedora! ;)

EP1972

Quote from: foolish mortal on January 06, 2011, 10:15:25 PM
Impressive! Really nice pieces. I especially love the Indy fedora, not a fan of the last film but it's still an Indy fedora! ;)

Thanks.

Dr. Creature Feature

the only props I own are the dock shoes from THE PUNISHER and a knife sheath from the same movie.
"Creature Stole my Twinkie"