Mini Aurora Monster model repros: Have you seen these yet?

Started by Trap-Door Maker, April 12, 2008, 09:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman66

John if you can get a chance throw a pic of the Lee sculpt that yagher did and the crap recasted one Larry is making of it so others can see the difference and wont get swindled by him down the road!Plus as far as Tucky recasting or selling recasts noway.I bought from John over the past 5 yrs now and spend more money on him than do on my own wife ;D and never seen a recast on his site at all!Now another question pops in my mind does larry own the rights to make the Resinheads Vampirella midnite dip?
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Mike Scott

Well! It appears the burden of proof no longer rests on the shoulders of Terry Beaty. So, unless hammerfan would like to assemble an equally impressive group of testimonials that backs up his position, I'd say we have a case closed, here.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

todlaw

John T. And Rob R.  recasting never,whoever that guy is needs to get his head examined.If that guy is Larry,i really wish he would go away.i just bought my first classic monster kit from John T. Yc 18(frankentein)what a great kit.If you have seen this kit you already know what i mean,if you haven't do check it out.I have bought kits from both John and Robb they are both great to deal with,great kit producers.John has really gone out of his way for me,he is a great guy with some equally great kits.It sucks that both he and Rob have to deal with this.
Todd

hammerfan

Well I guess the Clubhouse goons have drifted over here too. Tucky has recasted Godzilla kits for years. In fact  I recall a Sakai Rodan kit that he used to sell that was cast by a certain Paul ratliff. XO Facto used to sell a Frankenstein on a bridge kit which was a reposed Billiken Frank. My, my how we forget. Rotondi used to sell Horizon recast vinyl Creature and Frankenstein kit which came for Korea. He sold them at Chiller. Monsters in Motion was well known for selling recast Billiken kits in RESIN! I'm not defending anyone, Im just saying that a lot of the mudslinging in the garage kit hobby is done by hypocrites who try to look like butter wouldnt melt in thier mouths. But they know what they have done. And continue to do.
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

Mike Scott

Quote from: hammerfan on April 14, 2009, 02:06:32 PM
Tucky has recasted Godzilla kits for years.

Can you supply photos of the originals and recasts of this or any others you mentioned?
CREATURE FAN

hammerfan

well since ennuendo seems to be the order of the day, do i need too?

Mike Scott

Quote from: hammerfan on April 14, 2009, 02:32:55 PM
well since ennuendo seems to be the order of the day, do i need too?

The photos posted below aren't innuendo. It's only one example, but it's one more than you have posted.
CREATURE FAN

hammerfan

Its a picture of a COF kit? so what?  what does that prove exactly other than poor painting skills? This can go round and round. Mudslinging and finger pointing. The point is, there are a lot of people in the hobby who shouldnt be throwing stones as they are just as bad. I dont really care one way or the other, but I dotn like to see people centered out then there are others who are doing the same thing and getting away with it. I dont go on the clubhouse or other sites like them because it is a bitch fest run by a few who make alll the comments. I hope like site doesnt turn into that.

Toy Ranch

Hammerfan, you complained (and justifiably so) that you were being accused of recasting and there was no proof.  The claims that you have been recasting other's work and offering it for sale have been shown, with numerous examples.  So it's not "gosssip mongering" or "ennuendo"(sic) any longer, it's established fact.  You have accused your accusers of the same thing, and of being hypocrites.  Do you have proof, or not? 

This really isn't what the UMA is about, trying to figure out if people are stealing the work of other,s but it does come up sometimes, and it's unfortunate that anyone steals the work of someone else for profit.  As collectors and artists, we at the UMA don't approve of this kind of thing, but our mission is to advance and promote the hobby of collecting cool monster stuff, not to ferret out every copyright theft on the web.  You dredged up a year old thread and made the accusation of gossip mongering.  The claims that had been made regarding Mojo Resin recasting have been proven as true, both in eBay auctions and items offered on the Mojo Resin website.  That's for the copyright owners to pursue, not the UMA. 

I guess I'm confused though as to what is really going on here...  your goal is to sell your monster stuff, right?  And yet you're here picking fights with potential customers.  You had a great opportunity to make ammends, but instead you chose to fight about it.  Whether our other new members do or have recasted stuff is not really relevant to the fact that you have, and continue to do it.  Your initial complaint was that Jim Bertges said you were a recaster, and you said it was "gossip".  What does all this accomplish for you?  I don't think anyone is going to be impressed to want to do business with you after this, despite that you have very good eBay feedback for customer service and superb original kits to offer to which you do own the rights.  I think you have to ask yourself is this recasting is really worth it.  Do you really make more money recasting than you lose through loss of business because you recast?  Does getting in these disputes on forums and spreading the word even further about how you do business really serve any useful purpose? 

By the way, the Frankenstein gumball charm you ordered from me is shipping today.  Sorry I didn't get it out yesterday, but my wife was in an automobile accident (nobody was injured) and I didn't make it to the post office yesterday as planned.

Wolfman66

Quote from: hammerfan on April 14, 2009, 02:06:32 PM
Well I guess the Clubhouse goons have drifted over here too.
Being one of the CH goons as you like to call us.I been a member here since 2007 when this board was on yahoo and from your profile you have just recently signed on to here to do what? Slam legit Producers and make false claims with no proof to show?

kreaturekid

I just wanted to say how shocked i am to see these accusations. Rob and John and two of the greatest guys i know in the biz and have given me so much help starting out in the gk world. Now i don't know anything about these Godzilla recasts or reposed Frankensteins that were supposedly sold by them. I haven't been around long enough to know about any of that. but i do know its people like this recaster on ebay that will insure the demise of this hobby. I got into this work thinking its just about having fun creating new pieces of art to paint and proudly display on our shelves, and to keep our favorite monsters alive for the next generations of fans. but all i have seen is page after page of childish remarks and badmouthing people behind there back. Its insane!! Theres more drama in this hobby then there was in highschool!  Now  "hammerfan"  what you said was truly uncalled for, and please show some respect for the fine gentlemen that are bringing us all what we crave in the GK world, the best darn model kits out there!!!!! ;D

Adam D. (The KreatureKid)
Adam Dougherty

facebook.com/kreaturekid

hammerfan

I do respect the original stuff that they produce. But, my point is, they arent as lily white as you would believe.

MonsterModelMadness

I too can vouch for John Tucky (X-O Facto) as well as Robb Rotundi (Needful Things) as both friends and people that I've bought numerous resin kits from over the years. They are top notch, first class operations all the way. They do it for the love of all the classic movies and monsters just like the rest of us.  

Lonnie James

Moderator edit:
Welcome to the UMA.  Please don't namecall.

Mike Scott

Quote from: hammerfan on April 14, 2009, 03:12:58 PM
But, my point is, they arent as lily white as you would believe.

But you don't want to back that up with any photographic evidence, or testimonials, by other people, on your behalf? I would, if I wanted anybody to believe me. If I didn't care whether or not they did, I wouldn't keep banging my head against the wall.
CREATURE FAN

Wolfman66

Quote from: Toy Ranch on April 14, 2009, 02:59:17 PM
Hammerfan, you complained (and justifiably so) that you were being accused of recasting and there was no proof.  The claims that you have been recasting other's work and offering it for sale have been shown, with numerous examples.  So it's not "gosssip mongering" or "ennuendo"(sic) any longer, it's established fact.  You have accused your accusers of the same thing, and of being hypocrites.  Do you have proof, or not? 

This really isn't what the UMA is about, trying to figure out if people are stealing the work of other,s but it does come up sometimes, and it's unfortunate that anyone steals the work of someone else for profit.  As collectors and artists, we at the UMA don't approve of this kind of thing, but our mission is to advance and promote the hobby of collecting cool monster stuff, not to ferret out every copyright theft on the web.  You dredged up a year old thread and made the accusation of gossip mongering.  The claims that had been made regarding Mojo Resin recasting have been proven as true, both in eBay auctions and items offered on the Mojo Resin website.  That's for the copyright owners to pursue, not the UMA. 

I guess I'm confused though as to what is really going on here...  your goal is to sell your monster stuff, right?  And yet you're here picking fights with potential customers.  You had a great opportunity to make ammends, but instead you chose to fight about it.  Whether our other new members do or have recasted stuff is not really relevant to the fact that you have, and continue to do it.  Your initial complaint was that Jim Bertges said you were a recaster, and you said it was "gossip".  What does all this accomplish for you?  I don't think anyone is going to be impressed to want to do business with you after this, despite that you have very good eBay feedback for customer service and superb original kits to offer to which you do own the rights.  I think you have to ask yourself is this recasting is really worth it.  Do you really make more money recasting than you lose through loss of business because you recast?  Does getting in these disputes on forums and spreading the word even further about how you do business really serve any useful purpose? 

By the way, the Frankenstein gumball charm you ordered from me is shipping today.  Sorry I didn't get it out yesterday, but my wife was in an automobile accident (nobody was injured) and I didn't make it to the post office yesterday as planned.

Bobby,Sorry to see Larry throwing his crap around on this board.But like alot of members have stated.He has recasted Yaghers sculpts and Bill P sculpts and now sideshows base and plus another Kit producer that speacilizes in base making Joe at monsters on the shelf.