Mini Aurora Monster model repros: Have you seen these yet?

Started by Trap-Door Maker, April 12, 2008, 09:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: hammerfan on April 13, 2009, 07:02:37 PM
Wow, well I guess a kangaroo court is the order of the day.

I trust Terry would not say what he said if he did not believe it to be true. If you (or anyone else) are able to convince him that he is wrong (with some kind of knowledge or facts hertofor unseen), I am confident he will correct the record. Until then, there doesn't seem to be anything to debate.

It's interesting that some of the people on those other web boards  like Needful Things and XO Facto have done and are still doing recasts.

Sounds like something that should be addressed at those web boards.

It's interesting that nobdy ever brings up the theft of intellectual property in the garage kit hobby.

A subject for a lively debate, no doubt. If someone wants to start such a thread, I have no problem with that. Studying the facts and the law (as it pertains to this subject), beforehand, will greatly enhance your ability to make your argument.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

drthomasholmes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220383029694

The Plague kit is a recast of a Bill Paquet sculpt, and the Chris Lee Drac in his feedback is a recast of an xofacto kit, by Jeff Yeagher I believe. And the username twebbsucks is a dig on AFM's Terry Webb. So mature. Either way they are recasts. I could go on and on, but anyone interested could check out the Garage section at the Clubhouse. Xofacto and Needful Things recasting? Let's see some proof- something as hard as the ebay link I posted. If it's out there, let's see it. Otherwise, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Hammerfan, are you Larry? If so, maybe you could tell your side here, to be fair.

Or, find another board.

FACTO2

Hello, John Tucky of X-O Facto here.  My second post to the board.  Love the board and my intention was not to come in and immediately get into a conflict.  As a matter of fact once I figure out how everything works, I'll be posting a lot more here (anyone I know from any of the other boards knows how much I love talking about horror movies).  Anyway, have pics of a new Adam Dogherty sculpt to post, pics of a new Joe Laudati Fay Wray sculpt to post and of course a new Jeff Yagher - Yagher Classics sculpt to post.  Once I figure out how everything on the board works, I'll post those. 

I have to admit, it was a bit distressing to see a thread in which I have been accused of recasting.  I DO NOT recast.  I'm assuming these comments have been coming from Larry Burbridge who has been caught red handed selling recasts of one of my kits and has made it clear that he intends to recast Yagher Classics Vol. 4.  Here's the auction for the Drac Risen kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-SCALE-CHRIS-LEE-DRACULA-RESIN-KIT-IMPORT_W0QQitemZ220379607864QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220379607864&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

The winner of that auction also happened to be a customer of mine.  Jose Resto in Florida.  I called him and he confirmed that the kit was sent to him from Larry Burbridge (Mojo Resin).

He's sold another one, but I can't find that auction. 

So, my question to Hammerfan is; what kit or kits have I recasted?  There is not a single recast on my website.  Point one out.  Post a list.  Show some proof. 

On a side note, Robb Rotondi of Needful things is a legit producer of garage kits as well.  He loves the hobby and would never recast someone else's work.  These comments are Larry's way of getting back at the people who have complained about his recasting activities. 

Once again my apologies to the Mods and Admin of this board for having to participate in this debate so early on in my membership here.  But when someone accuses me of recasting, I have to reply.

Sincerely.

John Tucky
X-O Facto
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Todd P.

Shame that I had to discover this terrific board because a couple of friends were being wrongly accused of something.

Calling people "recasters" in the garage-kit community is a heavy duty accusation. Recasting is an unscrupulous activity and the people who do it are justifiably shunned by their peers.

I have had the opportunity of shaking hands with both Robb Rotondi of Dark Carnival and John Tucky of X-O Facto at WonderFest three years ago. I've also communicated with both many times over the years.

They're not recasters. Period.

wolfmanofbolton

Gotta say seen lots of evidence. of Larry's recasting, but cant say I ever saw anything against, Needful or Xo-facto word is hammerfan is Larry or is that just another rumour

Mark A

FACTO2

Quote from: wolfmanofbolton on April 14, 2009, 10:02:18 AM
Gotta say seen lots of evidence. of Larry's recasting, but cant say I ever saw anything against, Needful or Xo-facto word is hammerfan is Larry or is that just another rumour

Mark A

Man, it's like old home week on a new board.  Hi Wolfie and thank you for taking the time to post that.    Robb and I might not alwasy be the most popular guys in the hobby, but we DON'T recast.  Don't know that there's any proof that Hammerfan is Larry... but he does seem to be selling Larry's kits on the board.  So there you go.  Perhaps there will be a response from Hammerfan soon...

Thanks, Mark. 

John
John Tucky
X-O Facto
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Nightmares in plastic

Xofacto John Tucky and Needful Things Robb Rotundi are two top notch producers ( and friends of mine) in the GK curcuit and recieving those snappy traducements from "Hammerfan" because they defended themselves against a blatant recaster ( and some oversea allies) who is (are) ruining the Garage kit Hobby.
Hopefully "Hammerfan" has some dignity to share his real name with us instead of just throwing around verbal slander against two respected members of the Garage kit community! But I have the gut feeling he won't, because he is a part of the problem if not the problem itself...?!

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

Wolfman66

John,wolfie see you guys finally Found this board and as for Larry B yes he has recasted Xofactos kits like the Yagher Chris lee kit and you can see that auction at the link below under his other name he goes by twebbsuxx and also he has Recasted a Jail house base that good friend of mine  Joe makes over at www.monstersontheshelf.com that goes with another Yagher kit he has recasted to death the curse of the werewolf.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220365218447
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

FACTO2

Rainer and Danny, thanks guys.  I appreciate the support.

Still waiting for Larry's response... if there is one.

Thanks again, guys.  John
John Tucky
X-O Facto

Nightmares in plastic

Rumor mongering? So have a look at this newest addition to Mojoresins recast peddeling activities:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCARY-CHRIS-LEE-CURSE-OF-FRANKENSTEIN-1-6-MODEL-KIT_W0QQitemZ200331293046QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200331293046&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

The figure is a repositioned Jeff Yeagher sculpt currently offered by Monsters in Motion.
Here is a pict of the original figure:

The remains on the base are from Sideshows notorious "Wrightson Frankenstein" Viyl kit.
Import from Asia?  ::)

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius

Wolfman66

Yap thats another Hammer kit Larry B has recasted to death and now sideshow he is recasting >:( ::)
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

FACTO2

LOL.  You know, since Larry does business with MIM, you would think that he woudl be smart enough to NOT recast one of the kits that they currently own the rights to.  But hey, what do I know?
John Tucky
X-O Facto

Monster Bob

So are we to assume that when a GK is labelled "IMPORTED FROM ASIA" on ebay that  it is a red flag for a recast kit?

resinman

What a cool board glad to be here.  8)
Now back to business as my old buddy Franky would say recasts baaddd.. originals goooddd.

I find the recasters argument pretty hypocritical about the unlicensed subject.
So you will get even for the license holder by robbing them,the sculptor and original producer also ?? 
I guess that makes you 3x times the thief . ::)
Support a Sculptor
Avoid Recasts

Destroyer

I can't speak for Needful Things, but I have dealt with John Tucky from XOFacto on a few occasions and he is not a recaster.

Recasting is the bane of the garage kit industry.  These are pretty serious allegations to throw around without any proof, especially for producers whose reputation is paramount.   It makes no sense that John would warn prospective purchasers about recasting on the one hand and then supply recasts on the other.

It is interesting to see that no proof has been offered to support these allegations against either producer by Hammerfan, despite invitation.

Back up your allegations with proof or withdraw your allegations and admit that you had no basis for making them.  It's that simple.